Talk

Advanced search

NEED to lose three and a half stone...long post

(2 Posts)
RoyalWelsh Sun 16-Jan-11 12:43:28

I'm just looking for a bit of support really...

I'm 5 foot 7 and for a long time weighed about 8 and a half stone which is according to the BMI scale about a stone and a half underweight, which I can well imagine because I was heavily into not eating and then purging whatever I did eat on a regular Monday/ Wednesday/Friday/Saturday basis. I don't really want to or think I would be able to go back to that weight as I was incredibly miserable and my partner watches me like a hawk (in a good way) to make sure I don't do it.

After a bit of a trauma I then put on about eight and a half stone in approximately four years but because I have such bad body image a lot of the time I wasn't even consciously aware of the weight - which I know sounds impossible but that's the only way I can describe it.

The crunch came when I looked down at my ankles one day, and was disgusted because they were fat and puffy. I've always had really slender wrists and ankles and it was then that I realised just how massive I was. I lost about three and a half - four stone in a year and a half. soem of it through healthy eating and exercise and the other part of it through fasting.

The thing is, I just want to be a normal acceptable weight now. I would be happy at ten stone, which is what the BMI scale say I should be, but this last three and a half stone is really getting the better of me because I can't find the motivation to do it.

On top of that, I am worried about being sucked back into the unhealthy way of keeping the weight off...whereas I wouldn't say I was bulimic because although I was binging on occasion and most definitely purging, I haven't done the purging for years. What I would like to do though is ask if there is anyway I can see someone about body image/unhealthy relationship with food? I did join weightwatchers but I found the meetings slightly unhelpful. I am desperate to join LighterLife but there's no way I could afford it.

I am searchign for teaching jobs and I don't want to be the chubby teacher. I also don't want to be a fat mum. I suppose I am looking for hints/tips/advice and most definitely support... Sorry it's such a long post!

StarvingMarvin Sun 16-Jan-11 14:20:51

Do you think that given your past issues with food maybe you should talk to a doctor or nutritionist to get some proper guidance on the right method of weight loss for you?

I have recently started weight watchers online and am finding it really useful. You track everything you eat and are encouraged to eat your allocated points, and not less, so that might be a good thing for you? You also get a weekly allocation of "extra" points which you can choose to use or not. I have only been on the "diet" for 3 weeks but feel I am eating much more healthily, I feel much better and in control of my food intake more than ever before. I think they are still running a special offer which means joining for 3 months is around £30.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: