Curves Gym?

(5 Posts)
AtYourCervix Sun 16-Jan-11 12:28:45

Anyone go to a curves?

what's different to a normal gym?

would i have it as much?

wil it make me thin?

Bearcat Sun 16-Jan-11 13:02:29

I joined Curves in middle of June last year.
I have lost 25 lbs since I started there, but have lost 37 lbs altogether since this time last year. I was size 16 but am now buying size 12 clothes which is very exciting as I never remember being less than a size 14 in all my adult life.
I go 4 times a week straight after work and it takes half an hour to do 3 circuits and then a quick warm down.
There are 8 pieces of equipment in our Curves to tone either arms or legs and between each piece of equipment a board that you either can run on the spot, hoola hoop ( I was so rubbish at this when I started and it took me weeks to get the knack of it, but I did) or anything else to keep your heart rate up.
Every 30 seconds you are told to move onto the next board / piece of equipment, so even if it is hurting you'll soon move on.
You are weighed and have various body measurements taken when you start and then once a month these are all done again and you get a print off to see how you are doing.
I think the fact that I get weighed once a month keeps me on the straight and narrow (more or less, although I am not as good as I have been food wise which is why I am a bit stuck weight loss wise at the moment).
It costs £35 per month and I think I paid a £59 joining fee.
The ladies that run our Curves are really friendly and there are ALL shapes and sizes and age variations.
I have never joined any previous gyms as I think I would have been too embarrassed by not being slim enough and possibly looking a bit red in the face after exercising!

LIZS Sun 16-Jan-11 13:40:16

Is n't there some non-pc background to it ?

AtYourCervix Sun 16-Jan-11 15:29:15

is there?. i have no idea.

Earlybird Sun 16-Jan-11 15:33:57

I've had friends who rate it because it is
-women only
-affordable
-effective if you do the program properly and regularly
-programs are not hugely time consuming
-members tend to be 'real women' with 'real bodies' and not slim, gorgeous 20-something gym-bunnies

Looking at that list, i wonder why I haven't joined? confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: