Talk

Advanced search

What diets are similar to Cambridge?

(3 Posts)

DH has been training for months, 3-5 times a week (tough stuff - hills etc) but has hardly lost any weight. His trainer is saying he will discuss options &risks tomorrow, but wanted to do some research myself too. I mentioned the Cambridge diet to PT, he said it was one, but there were also others he had in mind, so I was wondering what diets are similar to cambridge? DHs diet isn't excellent, but it's far from awful either. Typically special K for breakfast, fruit at work + sandwich/healthy (but tinned) soup and meat, veg and pasta/rice/potatoes for dinner. Obviously the odd slip up, but with the exercise he is doing he should be losing! Anyway, anyone know of any other diets that are like the Cambridge? (i.e strict, kinda pre-prepared) Thanks

GentleOtter Sun 09-Jan-11 16:48:33

Tony Ferguson is sort of similar.

I found it quite good and was losing weight steadily. Lots of support from the lady at Boots.

The only reason I stopped was due to being snowed in so could not get to the shops or Boots for supplies.

canei22 Sun 09-Jan-11 17:59:41

I did lighter life and lost 4 stones in 3 and a half months. If you follow it, it is very effective. Weekly meetings seperate groups for men and women. You buy the packs at the meeting or can drop in and pick them up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now