Talk

Advanced search

tips to avoid emotional eating

(5 Posts)
NicknameTaken Tue 04-Jan-11 14:16:17

Started doing Paul McKenna (again) and it has made me realize how often I want to eat when I'm not really hungry, just bored or lonely or whatever.

It's one thing knowing it, but how do I get to the next step of doing something different? It's often in the evening, when I'm at home alone with DD, so I can't go out jogging etc.

Would love to have any ideas about how to distract myself.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Jan-11 20:49:18

You need to find something to do during that time which makes you feel better about the fact that you are losing weight - exercise, or perhaps sewing clothes or even just picking them out online so you are preparing yourself for the changes you are going through.

Also, I drink a glass of water when I feel like that - it makes you feel less hungry and also concentrates your thinking somewhat.

COCKadoodledooo Tue 04-Jan-11 20:51:58

Well you posting this thread just distracted me - clicked it as I was on the way to the kitchen for a(nother) piece of Christmas cake I didn't really 'need'. So thanks wink

The glass of water thing works for me. Sometimes.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Jan-11 20:59:26

I tend to put washing on as well. I think, I'll have that piece of cake once I've done X Y and Z - then realise later I forgot to eat the extra food.

NicknameTaken Wed 05-Jan-11 10:59:59

Ha, COCK, glad to help! Thanks for the ideas. I don't know the first thing about sewing, but the water sounds doable. I've also heard a suggestion of brushing your teeth. Sigh. Maybe I need to break out the vibrator or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now