Talk

Advanced search

2011 "Pig to Twig" Thread

(550 Posts)
AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Fri 31-Dec-10 23:47:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
teenyweenytadpole Fri 31-Dec-10 23:56:22

Oh happy new year everyone I am restarting a low carb eating plan tomorrow! Here's to a fresh start...

ihavenewsockson Fri 31-Dec-10 23:59:06

Marking my place...start on weds

MollieO Sat 01-Jan-11 00:04:43

Will start properly when I'm back on 10th.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Sat 01-Jan-11 00:12:17

OP’s posts: |
1mumble Sat 01-Jan-11 01:25:04

oh god i dont want to weigh myself !!!!!!

ceebeegeebies Sat 01-Jan-11 09:11:23

Morning everyone

Well I have done the deed this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought - 13st 5lbs. I honestly the damage of the last couple of months would be worse than that!!

Anyway, I am going to lose 2 stone using Weight Loss Resources.

Stupidly, we are having a full turkey dinner again today so I am going to have to be VERY careful - the sausages wrapped in bacon will be calling me wink

Can't get to the gym today either but will be going 5 times this week so should be ok grin

beanybean Sat 01-Jan-11 09:36:25

Morning everyone. I too have weighed in this morning. 12st 11lb (ouch I'm only 5ft 3) and will take all my measurements later this morning. Shred on order too. Tweeny, what low carb plan are you following?

StrawberrySam Sat 01-Jan-11 09:46:47

pebbles77 Sat 01-Jan-11 10:48:38

Morning all. I weigh heavier now than at full term with both children!!!

15 stone exactly. I have a 4 1/2 stone goal but will be over the moon with 4.

Just been to sainsburys to buy healthy goodies and dh and I have just chucked out anything that might tempt me.

Good luck everyone.

Blatherskite Sat 01-Jan-11 10:56:14

Saw thw fab title and had to come and have a look at this thread

Can I join? New Year resolution is to finally get rid of the last of the baby weight. DD is 12 months old now and while I weigh less than I did when I fell pregnant with her (have not lost the weight from having DS) I'm still not in my "healthy weight range" Am 10st 4 but only 5'1".

Want to be under 9st 6 ideally.

Starting tomorrow....

TwoJackRussellsdefrosting Sat 01-Jan-11 11:07:00

Good morning all,

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so shall start tomorrow, have a new years lunch to make and eat today, so probably best really...

JetLi Sat 01-Jan-11 12:30:52

Afternoon all. Marking my spot. MW antenatal appt in a couple of weeks when they need to weigh me, so I'll add my weight then. Baby due 6th February, so I'm hoping for an 8lb or more weight loss around that time wink

For any gourmets amongst you & those who like to cook & are horrified by "diet" food, may I recommend Fat Girl Slim by the ever-fabulous Ruth Watson. Great recipes & advice.

Annie - am very impressed by your progress so far shock - how are you doing the low GI - are you following a book or something online?

HeroShrew Sat 01-Jan-11 12:32:42

just popped in to arf at you thread title. grin

JetLi Sat 01-Jan-11 12:36:13

BTW - I'm posting my weight in kilos when it comes. Doing it in "old money" would be just too depressing wink

tiredbuthappyworkingmum Sat 01-Jan-11 14:07:06

I weighed myself this morning and it was worse than I thought - 13 stone 10 (am 5ft 9). I have been size 12 my whole life and got back to 10 stone after 2 DCs, but the last two years I have just ballooned and cannot fit into any of my clothes. I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe size 18, I want to recognise my body again. I started going to the gym, but while I feel fitter, don't seem to have lost any weight. I need to look at my diet I know - I thought it was fairly healthy but maybe the portions are too big.. I plan to eat less and exercise more but reckon I need to have more of a plan than that. I haven't joined a thread before - how do they work?

Sitdownandhaveamincepie Sat 01-Jan-11 14:12:07

Morning all - weighed myself this morning and have managed to gain 4 pounds over the festive season so up to 15 stone 9 at 5'8". Bugger.

Have family here for a couple more days so will start properly on Monday. There's a lot of chocolate to get through first!

Think I'll have to dig out my india knight books ...

IAmReallyFabNow Sat 01-Jan-11 14:15:41

Are you following the pig to twig book by India and Neris?

I have been doing it for about 6/7 weeks and have lost 15lbs. I haven't put anything on this week even though I have had what I wanted. Funny how you can train yourself not to over eat.

LadyintheRadiator Sat 01-Jan-11 14:17:17

goingmadinthecountry Sat 01-Jan-11 14:47:44

Hello, can I join? Lost a fair bit of weight a year or so ago using India and Nerys's book, and have pretty well kept it off, though recently my new trousers have been a bit tighter due to all the Christmas junk. Posting on MN helped me in those early days (under an old name) so hope it will keep me going again.

Started off at about a 24, now an 18 (though a few 16s from shops known for their generous sizes!). I'm nearly 5'10 and much more active and less self conscious now, but am determined to become a proper size 14 - don't have the slight build for anything less envy - and stick to it. I'm nearly 47 and determined.

MrsDinky Sat 01-Jan-11 16:41:27

I'm in too, I don't want to weigh myself for another couple of days yet though! Am off to Amazon to investigate the Pig to Twig book. I need to lose 2.5 to 3 stone BTW.

MollieO Sat 01-Jan-11 16:48:31

DEfinitely going to do the pig to twig diet as it is the only one I've done that doesn't feel like complete deprivation. Will try to do it on holiday but catered chalet so may be difficult. I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't succeed and will start properly on 10th.

Just packing a fed up with squeezing myself into things. Am 15st 6lbs and 5'10". Would like to get to 11.5.

rusmum Sat 01-Jan-11 17:01:19

i am joining- i need 2 stone off! UGH!

Ordered shred and am stopping drinking to start me off

ceebeegeebies Sat 01-Jan-11 20:24:25

Had an ok day - probably ate too much at lunchtime but am hoping I can get some of the calories back over the week.

I realised today how much weight I have put back on sad My tummy looks bloody awful (worse than normal) and it is going to take weeks to get back to where I was a couple of months ago (and even then I still had a stone to lose) sad

Ah well, good luck everyone - am going to go and log my food on Weight Loss Resources now.

MissAnthrope Sat 01-Jan-11 20:38:32

Marking my place. Weighed and measured a couple of days ago, and will have proper first weigh in next Saturday morning.

Aiming to lose 154lb over the next six+ months.

I'm doing the Idiot Proof Diet as a vegetarian - a little challenging, but loving it so far.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in