Talk

Advanced search

Immediate Post Natal Weight Loss ?

(3 Posts)
batsforlashes Sun 05-Dec-10 11:31:03

Hi,

First off I am not about to embark on any crazy weight loss diet more of a curiosity thing! My DS1 is 5 days old and although he weighed 7pounds 6 at birth- this is the only weight that I have lost. I am wondering what happened to the weight of the placenta, ambiotic fluid etc... I have a fair bit of fluid retention- legs and boobs so really wondering how much weight I WILL have to loose when I get around to it.

I am not planning to start any time soon but I just want to avoid the trap of comfort eating and pilling on the weight post natally which is what has happened on my last two pregnancies.

Thanks,

B x

LadyLapsang Sun 05-Dec-10 12:41:30

Forget about weight loss and enjoy your baby (and try and get some sleep)! I put on four stone with DH and was back in my normal size 12 weeks later. Breastfeeding a hungry baby, walks in the fresh air and a little bit of aqua aerobics ... it all just disappears.

titferbrains Sun 05-Dec-10 22:49:40

I got the sweats a few nights after DD was born, I'm pretty sure that helped me shed several pounds, I had to get up in the night and towel off!! Nice eh? the things they don't tell you about all the crap that comes after the birth....yuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now