Talk

Advanced search

DVDs?

(15 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 26-Nov-10 11:27:44

Hi there,

I am trying to lose a bit of weight. I have PCOS so it is quite important for me to keep the weight down.

I am 5ft 8 and weigh 11st 9lb. BMI is 24.7 so within normal range but would like to lose that extra half stone.

Can't afford gym membership although I do go to two step classes a week.

Would like to get a fitness DVD so I can do something within the comfort of my own home. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

Thanks for your upcoming advice

Joby1970 Fri 26-Nov-10 12:55:46

30 day shred by Jillian Micheals - see our thread on here (shredheads)

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 26-Nov-10 13:15:11

its in my basket on amazon... but sounds pretty brutal!

IslaValargeone Fri 26-Nov-10 13:17:52

I have a Nell Mcthingy one you can have for nada if you wish.
Ultimate challenge or something it's called.
Bought it last new year as you do, and used it once as I am a lazy cow.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 26-Nov-10 13:27:25

thats very kind of you Isla

That would be great. Are you sure you don't want anything for it? I could paypal you some if you want?

racmac Fri 26-Nov-10 13:42:18

30 day shred or Banish the fat by Jillian Michaels

I have recently bought Chalean Extreme - it has 3 phases - Burn phase, Push Phase and Lean phase - you need weights and it also contains some cardio exercises.

Each phase has 3 different circuits in and you do each circuit for a month and then move on

It is brilliant - American but great - I have lost inches, toned up and lost pounds

IslaValargeone Fri 26-Nov-10 15:38:32

No I don't want anything for it, it's only gathering dust, so I'd much rather someone got some hot and sweaty use out of it and was able to fit into a new pair of jeans or something similar.
It got quite good reviews iirc, it's not the most exciting dvd I should warn you, but gets results apparantly.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 26-Nov-10 15:41:13

Thnaks that would be great. Shall i PM you my address? Not sure how this works grin

Joby1970 Fri 26-Nov-10 16:49:10

ALBOC - I would still get the Shred & alternate between the two..

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 26-Nov-10 17:07:17

so do you need weight with the shred DVD? if so what are the best ones with a decent price?

IslaValargeone Fri 26-Nov-10 19:43:49

Yes pm me your details.
I may not get it posted before Mon/Tues though if that's ok.
We have snow, and I may hibernate for the weekend

Giggle78 Mon 29-Nov-10 23:03:00

Hi there,

I have lots of workout DVD's and can let you know what I think:

Any by Davina are really good. Plus a lot of them have sections of workouts so you can mix and match them and not do the same routine in a row.

Jillian is good and you will be well supported by other people on here.

Tracey Anderson - I would avoid her dance one. It goes really quick and I found her a bit...

But the king of home DVD workout programmes has to be any from Beachbody.com. I agree with Racmac. Charlean Extreme is one - a great one for women. Others are P90X will get you ripped and Insanity will get you fitter than fit.
They are all programmes -several DVD's, you commit for a period of time and they come with nutrition advice. Plus if you go on teambeachbody.com you can find other people who are doing them. This gives you support and accountability which will help you.
Don't buy it from the beachbody website though - they cost over a 100 quid and you can get them from amazon/ebay for around thirty.
I love them!!!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 30-Nov-10 09:45:21

Thanks Giggle, I'll take a look on amazon at those

Joby1970 Tue 30-Nov-10 14:10:02

Re SHred & weights - I got 2kg ones from Decathlon (£6 I think)- I belive Tesco do them for a similar price.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 30-Nov-10 15:45:43

Ooh 2kg... I can only manage 1kg at the gym.

Haha I'm so weak, need to get some muscle!

i will take a look though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: