Talk

Advanced search

Motivation - what works for you?

(2 Posts)
awaywiththepixies Wed 24-Nov-10 12:19:05

I need to lose about 4 stone in weight and whilst desperately wanting to do it, fail daily to avoid filling my face with crap or take adequate exercise. I know I'm really unhealthy and setting a terrible example to my DC. My ex-P died recently from a massive heart attack and it was definitely attributable to his crap lifestyle. I obviously don't want to go down the same route but despite knowing what food's good and what's not; how much exercise I should be taking - I just can't get motivated to do it. Please share any advice you may have on how you got motivated to start and then stay on track. My constant failure is really getting me down.

NotFromConcentrate Wed 24-Nov-10 12:25:26

Hi Pixies. I'm really sorry to hear about your ex-P and that your struggling to lose weight. I'm new to the weight loss board, so there wil be lots of people here with much better advice than me!

I have almost 5 stone to lose (if I go for the lower end of my target weight) and have been putting it off an putting it off. People always tell me I have a lovely face and carry my weight well because I am tall, and I chose to believe them.

What motivated me was the prospect of turning 30 next month and realsing that I don't want to get to my 40th and still be so full of self loathing. I love clothes, love fashion and my size is making me miserable.

So, I bit the bullet and had my first weigh-in this morning. I've lost 6.75lbs.

Good luck. Realise that life is too short to be unhappy about something you can change, and keep coming back here for support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now