Talk

Advanced search

Comfort eating - your tips to avoid it!

(8 Posts)
StrawberrySam Mon 22-Nov-10 17:19:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

potplant Mon 22-Nov-10 17:47:07

For me write down everything I eat and calorific content. Just the act of doing it makes me stop and think.

I read a good tip for cakes - put them in the freezer. The theory is that it's such a PITA to defrost that you won't be bothered to do it.

I have heard that Paul McKenna is good for comfort eating.

lizziemun Mon 22-Nov-10 17:57:15

I agree with writing down everything you eat and drink.

I also find because I pick of an evening I've started to do my cross stitch again, as I can't eat and sew at the same time. Also by the time I got to the point where I can go and eat I've gone passed the point of wanting food.

StrawberrySam Mon 22-Nov-10 19:36:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bigchris Mon 22-Nov-10 19:41:45

I'm on a diet at the moment
I write down everything I'm planning on it so I know exactly what I'm eating and when
after my evening meal I have a fruit tea and then brush my tea
stops the cravings straight away
then I read in bed
watching tv downstairs somehow draws me to the munchies

lizziemun Mon 22-Nov-10 19:54:17

I have an active 3yr old and a 20mth old I barely get around to eat lunch let alone pick grin. But make up for it in the evening.

ppeatfruit Sun 28-Nov-10 13:43:29

Yes strawberry pot plant is right; google Paul Mckenna I Can Make You Thin it's worked for me!!

Madigan Thu 02-Dec-10 07:29:12

I had to break the comfort eating cycle too, after my 3rd pregnancy ...........
I did it by making sure I had plenty of appealling but low fat/cal snacks available, so there was something to have when I was desparate, but just not pudding/choc/biscuits ........... these snacks sounds pretty pathetic compared to chocolate, but if you can stick to them for a few days soon your choc cravings will subside ........ so here goes: fat free yoghurts (I love cherry activia), low cal hot choc drinks (like "options"), mini-milk ice lollies. A kit kat is not actually the end of the world, when desparate.
Also, I would focus on cooking savoury things (stews? soups?), rather than baking cakes - trust me, I know it's not as exciting, but it is impossible not to eat cake if you are baking lots of it!
hope this helps, and good luck!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now