Talk

Advanced search

someone please enlighten me

(9 Posts)
passtheearplugs Sun 21-Nov-10 23:40:24

Hi all grin

I'm hoping to lose some weight. I'm 5'5 and currently 11st. BMI of 27.5
OK, so im not majorly overweight, but i am unhappy.

I don't have a sweet tooth. more of a savory tooth, if such a thing exsists. i piled on 2st whilst preg with DS(6mths) and can't seem to lose it.

My problem is I can't seem to think of healthy meals - apart from plain chicken and veg.

healthy meal ideas anyone?

vintageteacups Sun 21-Nov-10 23:49:06

what about one-pot suppers, such as shepherds pie, fish pie, risotto (really easy) and pasta bakes?

I always think it's easier to make whole meals rather than pondering for ages about what to have with what. That way, I think you spend less money and save time as all you need is some veg to go with whatever you're having.

I keep a good selection of frozen veg so there's less wastage.
Hope this helps?

Ps - don't buy cheese!!!

That was my savoury downfall - like you, it's not sweet things. For me, it's nibbling on cheese and having portion sizes that are way too big.

passtheearplugs Mon 22-Nov-10 00:06:15

good idea about the one pot things, think i'll leave pasta bake though - its my fave at the moment and i'll just eat the whole thing grin

The other problem i have is OH is underweight so he is eating crap 24/7 which doesn't help.

Do you know if any slimming groups are good? I need to do something that doesn't really focus on calories (i have a history with bulimia and REALLY don't want to go back down that road).

GOOD LORD I MISS ROAST POTATOES! grin

vintageteacups Mon 22-Nov-10 09:23:52

I have just started weight watchers 3 weeks ago. I have about 4 stone to lose.
In the first week, I lost 4 lbs and having been a past survivor of the cambridge diet (!), this is a much safer and more effective way to lose weight.

I don't feel hungry and I eat until I'm full. It's easy to keep to my daily point allowance and still eat foods I love.

Try it - I think you'll be impressed.

passtheearplugs Mon 22-Nov-10 19:49:02

eugh i did the cambridge diet. i lost half a stone in one week. no wonder! you hardly ate! lol and £40 quid a week!!!???

I will look into weight watchers, thanks for your help

vintageteacups Mon 22-Nov-10 20:55:36

Yes - I lost over 2.7 stones but my hair started falling out and I felt so awful. never going there again!
Weight watchers have just launched their new pro points system which is very much like the GI diet and their 2 yr trials have been really successful

bigbeautifulbras Mon 22-Nov-10 20:59:57

I've had eating disorders as a teenager and found that slimming world worked better than weightwatchers. Sw has less calorie counting and more free foods where you can eat as much as you want of certain foods . It made me more relaxed whereas ww made me obsess over point left and earning extra exercise points.

vintageteacups Mon 22-Nov-10 21:02:35

LOL- I haven't worked out exercise points as yet - all seems a bit complicated! I did a 4 mile walk yesterday but haven't put that on - I feel as though I'm doing myself out of extra points!

passtheearplugs Thu 25-Nov-10 22:24:09

had a look atweightwatchers and the whole point thing baffles me. wonder if slimming world is the same?

BBB - hope you don't mind me asking, but whilst on slimming world did you ever find yourself slipping into your old habbits? i'm starting to wonder if this is the right time for me to diet as feeling as low as i do about myself i know it will be easy for me to slip. Or is that my sub-conscience [sp?] making excuses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now