Talk

Advanced search

Ok can you get me started please

(21 Posts)
IWantToBeADragon Sun 14-Nov-10 22:12:59

I want to start a diet (just cutting down the intake rather than low cal, low fat, low this or low that) tomorrow morning.
I've ordered some exercise DVDs of amazon that should arrive Wednesday or so and have some i can do in the mean time.
Can any of you fantastic girls give me words of wisdom and some motivation to keep going after the first few days when i inevitably want to give up and eat loads of chocolate hmm

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Sun 14-Nov-10 22:16:28

Ooh- can I join you? Was thinking about starting a weightloss thread myself. I'm getting married in July and would like to lose a stone or so- currently 11 stone. Need help to stay on track!

IWantToBeADragon Sun 14-Nov-10 22:26:44

Yes please join me, im never going to keep going otherwise.
You startng tomorrow with me?

I'm about 13stone and 5'9 so just in the overweight range. I do not want to be overweight and ive put all that on in about 8months was 10stone 9 before which was a nice size ten i prefer that so thats the aim, whats yours?

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Sun 14-Nov-10 22:31:49

I'm thinking around 10 stone will be nice, although I'm at the high end of 'normal' bmi so I think it'll be tough going to get much below 10.5. I'll aim for 10, what the hell!

Weigh in tomorrow then? Are Mondays good for you? I work Tues-Fri so don't think I'm ignoring you if you don't hear from me on those days!

oldnsquashed Sun 14-Nov-10 22:34:32

I want to join too, have just got wii fit, so I can get some exercise in and not use the bad weather as an excuse.
I am 5ft 7, and weigh 13 stone.
I am sick of being miserable and fat
I really need to do this. I am 43, and worried about my health.

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Sun 14-Nov-10 22:38:48

Hi oldnsquashed

Step 1 - change username to 'youngnslim' - positive thinking wink

IWantToBeADragon Sun 14-Nov-10 22:50:25

hello oldnsquashed, im going to make my DP play on the wii games with me aswell wiiresort basketball will hopefully help tone up my arms. . . need a wii fit but cant justify the money really as i will be the only one to use it.
paranoid aim low, you will get there we shall spur eachother on. mondays are fine for me as weigh in day , is monday ok with you oldnsquashed?

whats your target weight oldnsquashed?

woooo hoooo to finally doing something about it grin

Joby1970 Mon 15-Nov-10 12:26:35

Iwanttobeadragon - try getting Biggest Loser Wii game - its not too dear & a good work out.

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Mon 15-Nov-10 14:19:31

OK well slightly wierd thing happened with the scales- I stepped on them and initially they said 11 stone 0.5 oz (so far so expected...)
I then thought I'd weigh DS so I stepped on again holding him and it gave a much lower reading than I expected.
So I weighed myself again and it came out at 10st9.5oz shock
Tried again and it was the lower weight again.

Hmm. I predict a degree of up and down from me over the next few weeks!

Have started fairly well today- porridge sachet sweetened with banana for breakfast (has to be a sachet as no portion control abilities blush)
Baguette with low fat cream cheese and quorn ham, plus a mixed bean salad.
Err then half a rock cake that was it!

OK, dp baked some rock cakes yesterday but I'm going to spread them out in a controlled manner, honest!

Tonight- roasted veg cous cous and falaffels.

Hope you're all getting on well with day 1!

IWantToBeADragon Mon 15-Nov-10 15:26:23

i had banana and nuts for breakfast, did some quick excercise, took dog for a walk.

then had a quick sandwich for lunch

tonight people round carbonara with home made garlic bread with orange and cerry bread n butter pdding for desert.

Keep telling myself nothing is band just dont over indulge hmm

oh yea and im 13,9, that means ive put on exactaly 3st this year shock

glad your doing well paranoid

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Mon 15-Nov-10 19:41:10

Sounds like a healthy day IWantToBeADragon - and the day we can't have friends round for a treat is a sad day indeed! (Sounds lovely btw- can I come next time?!)

I should add that I do almost no exercise shock

IWantToBeADragon Mon 15-Nov-10 22:51:49

Ahh of course would be fabulous to have you round grin

I totally managed to control my portion sizes aswell.

Exercise is the bit im good at, have to walk the dog and normally do billy blanks workouts maybe once a week just a case of stepping it up for me although that is bloody hard work!

Apparently losing weight is 80% diet 20% excercise anyway so your doing the right thing 80% of the time anyway! where as me im doing it wrong 80% lol

IWantToBeADragon Wed 17-Nov-10 13:30:27

ooooooooooooooh New exercise DVDs came this morning grin had to tell someone

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Wed 17-Nov-10 20:13:21

Great, let us know how you get on!

I didn't know the 80/20% thing, interesting...

I suspect I need to do some exercise at some point though- I'm not far off the right weight for my height but it's all in the wrong places!

Anyway- confession: we had take away pizza tonight. <slaps own wrist>

In my defence, DS was up 5 times last night and we were too shattered to cook!

Furball Wed 17-Nov-10 20:15:20

Meal plan everymeal and know what you are going to the kitchen for.

Rumaging = danergous

IWantToBeADragon Wed 17-Nov-10 23:08:06

Lmao paranoid DP brought me fish and chips i just came to confess aswell ermmmmmmm back on the wagon tomorrow with my new DVDs aye
[i have no defence my DP didnt know i was dieting]

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Sun 21-Nov-10 18:37:04

Oh Dragon, I must confess that I've had a terrible 1st week of dieting. I dread to think what the scales will say tomorrow. Hopefully it'll shock me onto the straight and narrow!

How have the exercise DVDs gone?

IWantToBeADragon Mon 22-Nov-10 16:05:18

13,7, two pounds gone, ive done ok with the exercise but with people round and a take-away i have no idea how i managed it!

How did you do paranoid?

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Mon 22-Nov-10 19:05:35

Brilliant news! Well done.

I must confess- I totally forgot to weigh myself this morning. I could almost guarantee that I will have gained though!

Did you see the thread about things you'd recommend? People were raving about something called 'Shred', an exercise regime. Do you know anything about it? I thought it might be worth looking into...

Right, I'm going to follow your lead and try to have a good week!

IWantToBeADragon Tue 23-Nov-10 00:04:35

I was wondering about shread but from what i can see its more toning than losing so might be good for you who doesnt have much to lose, im doing billys bootcamp and clubland/fhm dancey ones where all the girls look like they need a square meal! but they get you moving.

Follow my lead?!?!?!!!? fish and chips, carbonara, stews and a roast! hmm

If you shread ill shread! But that woman looks scary im not going it alone blush

ParanoidAtChristmasTime Sat 27-Nov-10 19:24:13

Hey, sorry for late reply- it's been a busy week!

Believe me- you had a better first week than I did! This week has been better overall (so far- lunch at PILs tomorrow so it could all go wrong!)

I haven't actually investigated Shread yet but I might look into it nearer the wedding. I think I'm going to need the panic of a looming deadline to keep me going

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now