Talk

Advanced search

Onwards Dukan Soldiers.....

(1000 Posts)
insertexpletive Tue 28-Sep-10 10:04:16

Lottie hope you don't mind me quoting you - just sounded like a great thread title grin

Hope everyone is well and sticking to it....

Dukandoit Tue 28-Sep-10 10:31:31

Hi All,

I'm still following the diet too. Day 16 now, 7 lbs lost but have plateaued for two days now.

Thanks for the tip insertexpletive about the sweets!!

I want to lose at least another 7 lbs but finding it harder to maintain my massive early enthusiasm. Perhaps I need to exercise more.

The encouragement and support given here is really helpful!!!

So Onwards...
(Great thread title too)

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 10:56:35

Oi - two days is not a plateau!

4 weeks is a plateau!

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 11:01:37

<remembers manners>

But well done on weight loss!

missnevermind Tue 28-Sep-10 11:05:22

Right I am joining in.
I started Dukan because of the 1st thread right at the beginning but didnt join the thread because it moved so fast. But you lot helped me decide on a diet.

I agree with Katisha's 4 weeks is a plateau, that sums me up at the moment.
35 lb down and have been putting on and taking off the same 4lb for about 3/4 weeks now!

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 11:13:07

Nice to "see" you Missnevermind! Many congrats on weight loss to date.

Do join me on the vast and windy plateau. Perhaps we should erect a shelter or something until help comes.

insertexpletive Tue 28-Sep-10 11:26:00

Can I be nosey? - those of you on a plateau, how much weight have you still got to lose?

Are you close to your 'true weight' or still some way off? I am asking as a friend who is also doing Dukan is about 7lbs off what Dukan says she should be, and has struggled putting on and taking off a lb or two for the last three weeks and wonders if she should call it a day and move on to stage three.
She is happy where she is now, but feels that she has somehow failed if she stops iyswim.

londonlottie Tue 28-Sep-10 11:26:07

Message withdrawn

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 11:27:22

Insert - yes exactly my position- I have about 8 or 9lbs to go to target.

insertexpletive Tue 28-Sep-10 11:28:13

Oh and missnevermind 35lbs is fab smile
Glad you have now officially joined us

insertexpletive Tue 28-Sep-10 11:34:34

Mmmm - Dukan goes on a lot in the book about having to get the right target weight.

He says that the additional effort of getting half a stone (for example) extra off is not worth the effort in the long term.

I have suggested that my friend go back to the original weight questionnaire, putting her original starting weight in and thinking about the questions again to see if her goal weight is really the right one.
For example, she has had two miscarriages, and now has a wonderful ds. I wondered if, when he asks how many pregnancies, and she put in 1, maybe she should have entered 3 as he says that for each pregnancy that increases your goal 'true weight'.

I hate to think of her feeling like a failure as she is looking really great.

Dukandoit Tue 28-Sep-10 11:51:24

OK thanks all, not a plateau.

I suppose that first week was soooo good, losing 5 1/2 pounds then second week only 1 and 1/2 pounds, then stopped losing at all.

But still the best diet I have tried by far..........and great to have the thread as support.

Dukandoit Tue 28-Sep-10 11:53:40

Congrats to missnevermind

ihatethecold Tue 28-Sep-10 12:27:55

thanks for the tips on the website for something sweet,
i have joined that website but i havent had chance to properly look yet.

i bought some sugar free sweets from holland and barrat, they are nice and i dont have over 4 a day. also having yoghurts.

any one made the muffins and liked them ??

londonlottie Tue 28-Sep-10 12:44:49

Message withdrawn

PrudencePie Tue 28-Sep-10 12:49:09

hi, has anyone gained weight with their time of month on this 'Dukan do it'???

missnevermind Tue 28-Sep-10 13:14:54

Hi Pru, Yes I have I didnt realise before I started weighing myself every day but I must put on and loose 5lb every month, water retention and whatnot I suppose.

missnevermind Tue 28-Sep-10 13:17:46

Thanks for the congrats but still a long way left to go. Dukan and I agree on another 5 stone.
My body is now at what he calls its happy resting weight, I weighed this for years and years before having my 3rd DC.

Dukandoit Tue 28-Sep-10 13:30:51

grin at londonlottie

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 15:12:29

Yes I don't think I am being overambitious in trying to get to 11st, as someone who is almost 5'9.
But the last 8 or 9 lbs won't shift at the moment. I know plateaus can be pretty long sometimes. I just don't want to get into the position I got into with Atkins which is that weight loss seemed impossible past a certain level.

londonlottie Tue 28-Sep-10 16:06:38

Message withdrawn

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 16:39:13

You are totally right that I have somewhat lost the taste for battle. I ought to give it one last shot.

<Eyes up DHs box of cream cakes>

Coca Tue 28-Sep-10 16:41:29

I am starting this next monday...very excited grin

robin3 Tue 28-Sep-10 16:44:28

Katisha I'm 5'8" and to be a size 12 I need to be 11 stone. I've managed this twice since having my children so I know it is possible. I'm currently 11stone 9lbs and I know after the next 2lbs I'll be slowing massively and getting annoyed with slow process. Dr Dukan reckons I should be 10st 13lbs which is about right I reckon. I think I started at 12stone 7lbs this time, but I'd really gained a bit over the summer so that came off fairly quickly. I started on a different diet and read the stories here so decided to give it a go.

So far I've been a Dukan solider for 9 days and other than the first week when I lost 4lbs I think, I have yet to see much movement. I'm wondering if I'm eating enough and whether it's important to eat quite a lot of protein. It can be tricky at work to supply myself with enough. I haven't often felt hungry though and I'm determined to keep going and starting to apply the usual diet rules of not weighing myself too often as it can be demoralising.

I'm desperate to stabilise my weight this time so it's simply got to be done. It's just such a hassle being over-weight because nothing fits and I have to think through what to wear every day and especially on nights out and special work events. When I was a size 12 it was so easy and well worth the fight of getting there. I'm focussing on that. I'll never be skinny and never have been, which I've also come to terms with but maybe just maybe this might be the last 4 weeks of dieting in my entire life. Consolidation with bread and cheese isn't going to feel like a diet.

Katisha Tue 28-Sep-10 16:55:42

I agree with everything you say Robin.

I think my build dictates that I will still be a size 14 (trousers and straight skirts) if I make it to 11 st though.

Pretty fed up with M&S as still can't fit into their size 14 trousers. Well I can do them up but they are stupidly tight. Whereas the last circular-type skirt I bought was a 10.

This thread is not accepting new messages.