Talk

Advanced search

Need to loose A LOT of weight.... fancy joining me?

(487 Posts)
phoenixflower Mon 09-Aug-10 18:52:57

I need to loose half my body weight to be considered a healthy weight.

Started today and would love to support and have the support of others!

Who fancies joining me? grin

pinksancerre Mon 09-Aug-10 19:00:23

I will join you... I have around 2.5 - 3st to lose.
Doing healthy eating and exercise

MrsKitty Mon 09-Aug-10 19:05:53

I need to lose just shy of 7 stone...I've lost 7.5lbs so far (started WW 3 weeks ago) - I'll join you grin

phoenixflower Mon 09-Aug-10 19:06:53

I am follwoing a similar plan pinksancerre. My exercise to start with is swimming as am so heavy, other forms arn't particularly good for my hips and knees etc!blush

phoenixflower Mon 09-Aug-10 19:07:49

Glad to have you along MrsKitty! I tried WW in the past but couldn't stick to the points... welldone on loosing over half a stone, I am hoping to loose a big number next week grin

onedeadbadger Mon 09-Aug-10 19:10:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinksancerre Mon 09-Aug-10 19:16:57

I started a exercise dvd but then knackered my wrist. Am going to have to start running soon as I am doing the Great South in October allegedly! (some drunken new year challenge!) Need to cut down on the wine and snacks!

MrsKitty Tue 10-Aug-10 12:06:37

I've done WW before too - Lost 6 stone, then got married, had 2 children, started back on the takeways, chocolate, junk and just eating too much, and gained it all back again angry. Has taken me several years and several failed attempts to get back in 'the zone' grin but I'm feeling good about it, and finding it quite easy to stick to at the moment...

MathsMadMummy Tue 10-Aug-10 12:16:54

I have to lose 5st. I was doing well a couple of months ago, I didn't actually lose any weight (?!) but I lost 7 inches off my tummy... all gone to pot though since I got a bug, and I have a vague inkling the antidepressants are making it harder... don't want to place blame on it though IYSWIM! need to take responsibility sometime don't I.

I'm just so tired. not really sure how to go about this.

phoenixflower Tue 10-Aug-10 17:26:37

Please pass on any tips for staying motivated MrsKitty! grin

MathsMadMummy - what is your diet like atm? I know I eat way too much sugary crap and am cutting down. Is there a particular food/drink you like to indulge in?

MadLenny Tue 10-Aug-10 19:33:00

Can I join too? Need to lose about 8 stone I reckon and am struggling to know where to begin. My tartget for this week is to do a 20 min walk before Thu and cook a fresh dinner every night (no takeaways)

phoenixflower Tue 10-Aug-10 20:33:07

Course you can MadLenny!

Welldone on the walking, I am starting with swimming till my knee and hip are better!

MrsKitty Tue 10-Aug-10 22:13:51

Well, I think the extra 5 points I have at the moment due to still BFing DD are helping to keep me motivated at the moment...May struggle a bit more once I lose them!

My best tip for staying motivated at the moment is variation. I've been eating lots of different foods and making an effort to cook different things for dinner over the past few weeks, and I think keeping things interesting has helped to keep me on track. Nothing fancy, just stuff I might not have thought of before.

pinksancerre Wed 11-Aug-10 10:48:26

Hope everyone is doing ok... had a bit of a motivator drop through the door, a 40th birthday invite for end of Oct...for someone I haven't seen since I got married 14 yrs ago... when I was alot lighter!!

silver28 Wed 11-Aug-10 12:49:30

Can I join? I think I'm in a similar position to Mrs Kitty - joined WW three weeks ago, have about 7 stone to lose (I still can't believe that!), lost 4 stone on WW about 5 years ago and piled 7 stone back on blush.

I've lost 5 lbs so far and normally find WW easy to stick to (until i completely fall off the wagon) but have been finding it quite hard to stay focussed this time.

My problem is that if i eat too much one meal or one day i find it hard to keep going. i think 'i've ruined it now, i might as well eat everything i fancy and start again next tomorrow/next week/next month' and then i end up putting on more than i lost previously.

i really want to lose weight now as planning to try for DC2 next July and want to be a reasonable size when i do that (plus i want to enjoy clothes shopping again - i used to love it!).

phoenixflower Wed 11-Aug-10 13:59:52

Of course you can silver28, welcome along! grin

MrsKitty Wed 11-Aug-10 19:18:55

Hi Silver28 grin. It's rubbish when you do so well and then you gain it back again, isn't it?! I'm so cross with myself sometimes. I've got 2 enormous suitcases full of clothes in 12-16, mostly gorgeous stuff, and I went through it recently (to try to get some motivation!) and ended up having to get rid of loads of it, because either it wouldn't be back in fashion, or I'd just be too damn old to wear it by the time I'd fit back in to it!

Weigh day tomorrow...

silver28 Thu 12-Aug-10 18:09:34

I have two huge cases and a big box full of 'cotbed' in sizes 6 to 14 - I'm now an 18 to 20 blush. There's some gorgeous stuff in there, was looking through them last week as was lending my sister some clothes. Found a lovely skirt I used to wear to work a lot just 5 years ago - I can't believe how small the waist band is, it made me laugh (especially as I never felt thin even when I got down to a size 6!). I tried it on over my leg and couldn't even do it up at the top of my thigh blush. God, it's nice to have somewhere that I can tell people this!

I've been a bit crap the last couple of days but will count points strictly tomorrow as I find i'm better at sticking to ww if I write it all down.

silver28 Thu 12-Aug-10 18:12:29

'cotbed' should be clothes - stupid iPhone!

silver28 Thu 12-Aug-10 18:13:24

mrskitty how did your weigh in go?

upsydaisy85 Thu 12-Aug-10 19:01:03

Hello, Il join in, need to loose 30lb. Not quite sure how, but got a cross trainer coming next Friday so going to use that most nights again.

My starting weight is 160lb (depending on where I put the scales on the kitchen floor hmm

My MAIN problem is when stepdaughter comes at the weekend by good girl eating habbits go out the window, but DP is encouraging me so thats a bonus.

MrsKitty Thu 12-Aug-10 22:31:35

Weigh in went really well....Lost 3lbs! Which makes 10 1/2 lbs in 4 weeks. Very pleased grin

How's everyone else doing?

Hi UpsyDaisy85 smile

MrsKitty Thu 12-Aug-10 22:32:21

Silver - I know exactly what you mean about not feeling thin even when you really were (and in a 6 - you definitely were!). At my smallest I was briefly wearing a size 10, but can honestly say I never really felt 'thin'. I guess because I still had a horrid 'apron' tummy and was just used to seeing 'me' in the mirror. I look at pictures now of 'thin' me and cannot believe I never appreciated how well I'd done. This time around I will not be gaining weight back! I don't know that I'll get back to a 10/12 as I'm just not sure that's sustainable for me, but I'll be happy to get back to a 14 I think.

I recommend writing everything down - I've been 'tracking' religiously for the past month, and it's going well. I like to look back over previous weeks to remind myself of nice things to eat too.

tessieb Fri 13-Aug-10 10:38:07

Hi everyone. Can I join? Need all the encouragement I can get!

I want to lose 3 stone. It's scary how the weight is increasing. Three years ago I was 2 stone lighter than I am now! I've also managed to add a few pounds over the last few weeks with going on holiday, plus the school holidays have meant lunches out/ice creams etc.

I also have too many clothes that no longer fit, it's worrying me as my larger clothes are beginning to feel a bit tight and I'm running out of things to wear. I definately don't want to have to buy a larger size.

I'm using the weightlossresources website and filling in the online food diary. I started (again!) today and so far have had a healthy breakfast. Just hoping I can stick to it this time.

tessieb Fri 13-Aug-10 10:40:00

Miss Kitty - glad to see that keeping a food diary is working for you. How much have you managed to lose so far?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: