Talk

Advanced search

Whistle stop tour of London - what to do in 48 hours?

(6 Posts)
notwavingjustironing Mon 26-Oct-09 11:11:47

We (me, DP, DS1 (6) and DS2 (3) are off to London on Friday morning until Sunday morning. We have booked the London Eye for Saturday afternoon, and we are based in Chelsea Harbour.

Can anyone suggest "must do" activities - either for fine weather or if it rains please?

Thanks.

Earlybird Mon 26-Oct-09 11:47:19

Is it your first trip to London?

With dc so young, I'd probably do changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace (ime, best place to stand is on Birdcage Walk by the Barracks and fyi there is a small playground just there in St James' park), Science Museum and Natural History Museum.

Don't think you'll have time for more than that....have fun!

notwavingjustironing Mon 26-Oct-09 11:48:31

Thanks. I've been tons of times, but its the first time the boys have been.

That sounds perfect. I don't want to overplan but I don't want to just traipse them round for miles!

VulpusinaWilfsuit Mon 26-Oct-09 11:50:37

Do the Bus tour. Fun and a good way of getting about and seeing most of the touristy stuff even if you don't see it all in full.

Science Museum.

We didn't make it to the Diana park near Science Museum in time but it is supposed to be brilliant.

Coram's fields also brilliant for letting off steam. Near the British Museum (egyptians! totem poles!)

Earlybird Mon 26-Oct-09 13:31:15

Diana Park great fun when warm enough to play in the water. Wouldn't make it a destination in colder months.

Wanted to mention there is a very nice cafe in St James' Park (in the centre) that is a lovely place to get a bite to eat, or just for a cup of tea and a muffin.

FYI - there is a very big soft play within walking distance of Chelsea Harbour (called Gambado). I know you're not coming to London to take the dc to soft play, but thought it was worth a mention.

andagain Tue 27-Oct-09 10:04:15

London Aquarium is a lovely place for kids. Could be something to do before the London Eye as it's right next to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now