Talk

Advanced search

Recommedation for nice hotel within 2 hours of London for DH and I to go to for 2 nights

(4 Posts)
stressed2007 Fri 23-Oct-09 13:18:15

Would consider anything really. Just for 2 nights. It will be mid week. I like "nice" rooms and ideally a bathroom you can fit more then one person into at a time - not into old stately home types unless they are clean (a lot of supposedly nice hotels we have been to have been quite run down and dirty even if they have a lot of star ratings).

Has anyone got suggestions - happy to consider one off hotels, de vere chain etc etc. Doesn't have to be a spa hotel. First time we have been away in 18 months!

Thanks very much.

pipWereRabbit Fri 23-Oct-09 13:37:03

I loved staying in the Swan at Lavenham. Very old building, but lovely rooms and fab dining....

VickyA Fri 23-Oct-09 13:42:39

What sort of budget? What do you want to do where you go - shop, walk, (I'll leave it at that!) Jurys Inns are doing a winter warmer deal - 2 nights B&B, dinner on one night, from £99 to £199 all-in depending on location (£99 Nottingham, £199 London). We stayed in Jurys in Milton Keynes over the summer hols as was decent access to London and relatives, and were very impressed at standard of hotel - I think there are a fair few new-build Jurys so the facilities are good.

RainRainGoAway Fri 23-Oct-09 13:44:46

Look at anywhere on Alastair Sawdays (just put his name in google) guides. Every place I have ever gone that he has recommended has been amazing and a wide range of budgets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now