Talk

Advanced search

looking for self catering family friendly in Cotswolds - any suggestions?

(13 Posts)
strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 17:32:45

Does anyone have any recommendations for me - want to go away for a weekend, with another family, we will have three small children between us. So preferably looking for 3 or 4 bedrooms, some sort of lovely holiday cottage. Even better if it's on a complex with play area, or farm animals, or anything like that. Found somewhere like that near Padstow but we have decided to head for the Cotswolds instead.

Oh, and preferably somewhere that doesn't cost too much. I was hoping for around £300 for a weekend, but maybe I'm being ridiculous...

Thanks grin

BlingLoving Mon 28-Sep-09 17:36:22

Try this website

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 19:13:56

Thanks, that's helpful, I'll have a look.

I was hoping that someone would say 'oooh, we went to the most amazing place'...

Ponders Mon 28-Sep-09 19:25:36

outdoor pool & donkeys?

When were you wanting to go?

Oh, just remembered, cottages4you links stop working after 5 minutes! Property ref is NYF

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 20:22:17

That looks amazing, but waaaay out of our price range... sad think we might have to forget all the extras, much as I'd love to have donkeys!!

Hmmm, have extended search to Dorset as well, if anyone's still reading...

Thank you!

Ponders Mon 28-Sep-09 20:27:36

what date, & what is your price range, sbc?

Ambi Mon 28-Sep-09 20:30:06

this is around £300 for the weekend

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 20:39:07

Sorry ponders, I didn't mean to ignore the question - date is the 7/8 November weekend, and budget we're aiming for around £300 for the lot.

Ambi, that does look pretty good actually, I will have a proper read, thanks!

smile

sixfoldwaitingtime Mon 28-Sep-09 20:41:33

Try Dorset Coastal Cottages - they're not too expensive.

this one is roughly within budget for you and has a working dairy up the road and there are loads more here

We stayed with them a few years ago and the cottage was v well equipped - and they are really nice. If you tell them what you are after, they'll find the right kind of thing.

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 20:41:47

dammit not available on those dates... gives me hope though!

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 20:44:12

oooh sixfold I love that first one, thanks

Fruitbatlings Mon 28-Sep-09 20:48:40

slightly out of your price range but oh.my.god! It's beautiful! I just got married here on Friday Island and we stayed in Moondara lodge for the weekend smile

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 20:58:07

oh my god indeedy! wow, I know where I'm going when we finally get to go away without the kids..!

am going to watch waking the dead now! Thanks so much for the help, will be phoning Dorset Coastal in the morning! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now