Talk

Advanced search

Llandudno or Skegness?

(5 Posts)
Kahoslamum Sun 30-Aug-09 16:11:49

Hi All
I want to take my 4 young girls for a day or two by the sea before they go back to school, we live near Buxton so are in the middle and can't decide to travel west to Llandudno or east to Skegness. Just want a nice beach with rockpools etc, not fussed about funfairs and all that expensive stuff! Anyone able to help with advice, opinions so I can make a decision. Ta very much.

hotpotmama Sun 30-Aug-09 16:29:25

I would go to Llandudno any day but not sure about rockpools. Up on the Great Orme is great for children.

TigerFeet Sun 30-Aug-09 16:31:43

There aren't any rock pools in Skeg, so if that's what you're after I'd look for somewhere else.

It's been a very long time since I went to Llandudo so can't really comment on what the beach is like there.

PortBlacksandResident Sun 30-Aug-09 16:53:13

Llandudno every time. For Rock Pools though - go down the coast to Llanfairfechan for a day - best rock pools there!

KembleTwins Sun 30-Aug-09 16:59:58

Llandudno is lovely. But the tide comes all the way in (I think - my parents go there all the time but avoided taking their 4 grandchildren there earlier this month because of this) so if you get there at high tide, there's no beach. I guess you could check the tides beforehand though.

Having been to both Llandudno and Skeggy fairly recently, though, I would def plump for Llandudno.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now