Talk

Advanced search

When in Rome....where should we stay?

(8 Posts)
swineofthetimes Sun 23-Aug-09 20:49:03

I want to take dh to Rome for his 40th in October, but I'm struggling to know where to book accomomdation wise (I've never been before).

Can anyone recommend somewhere please? I'd prefer small hotel/ guesthouse rather than a large 5* effort, and preferably not toooooo expensive but I am willing to push the boat out a bit as it's his 40th.

Thanks

Tambajam Sun 23-Aug-09 20:54:37

I would recommend Hotel Capo D'Africa. Brilliant location. Ticked all the boxes for us a couple of years ago.

scottishmummy Sun 23-Aug-09 20:55:47

we stayed Hotel Capo D'Africa recently was outstanding i can recommend it

swineofthetimes Sun 23-Aug-09 20:58:40

wow - double recommendation! I'll take a look now - thanks.

Stinkyfeet Sun 23-Aug-09 21:01:49

DP and I stayed here in December for his 40th. It was very nice, not the height of luxury, but I'd happily stay there again and the location was fab.

Also, if you're thinking of doing any guided walking tours, Roman Candle Tours were fantastic. I would echo every word of the testimonials on the website!

scottishmummy Sun 23-Aug-09 21:04:07

hotel capo d'africa website

swineofthetimes Sun 23-Aug-09 21:08:45

The Capo D'Africa looks perfect - but as we were planning to stay for 3 nights it's quoting 900 Euros <sharp intake of breath>. Maybe I'm being a tightwad and should just throw caution to the wind ?

Location of the Hibernia looks great stinkyfeet - thanks.

bluesky Mon 31-Aug-09 20:15:57

Can also recommend Angel Tours, they were really good.

Hotel White is a great location near the Trevi Fountain, it might suit the budget a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now