Talk

Advanced search

budget christmas/ny weekend away suggestions!

(1 Post)
godawfulsmallaffair Sat 22-Aug-09 10:46:30

I'm desperate to blow our savings on a rtw trip or at least a couple of months in SE Asia or South America, but DH has other ideas and to be fair I work in theatre so have limited job security and we're skint...sooooooooo...the Christmas before I got pregnant we disappeared for a few days to Prague, was cheap because we flew on weird days (like News Year's Day), no hen or stag dos, just had a brilliant few days really immersed in the culture etc

We now have DS who'll be 1 on Halloween and I want to get the three of us away, even if it is just for a few days, on maybe a similar trip in the time between Christmas and New Year (I go into rehearsals for a new play on 2nd Jan and we have to do obligatory family Christmasses across the UK beforehand)....any suggestions of a city break/country break where we can do or see something a bit different on a very tight budget which will be interesting and fun enough to warrant staying in each evening due to sleeping baby? We used to do a lot of European city breaks in between the more epic travels when we needed to be more frugal but all pre-baby when we walk all over Barcelona then head out for cocktails til the wee hours....how do you do these breaks with children?

Was thinking maybe Dublin or Vienna etc??

any advice hugely appreciated, we've not been away since I was 7 months pregnant and my feet are about to drop off with itchiness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now