Talk

Advanced search

amsterdam with KIDS?

(13 Posts)
BadgersArse Tue 18-Aug-09 20:20:04

namely a 9 year old male
ds is due a trip ( well was sue one when he was 8) and AMsterdam is god flight wise

what is there to do
can oyu get any footie tickets too?

bigTillyMint Wed 19-Aug-09 16:30:45

I dunno about footie tickets, but we parked under the ajax stadium when we did park and ride!

We did Anne Franks house, boat cruise, had massive pancakes. It was good, but we were only there one day.

ChopsTheDuck Wed 19-Aug-09 16:39:23

oh it is lovely, we really enjoyed it, even with the kids (four, aged 4-8).

we did anne frank house, van gogh gallery, zaanse schans for windmills, cheese and crafts, canal cruise, etc.

we're going back again next Easter, staying keycamps. It's the perfect place to chill out.

I think there is a zoo and an aquarium too irrc. There is also a restaurant in the park where the kids can be the chefs for the morning.

gypsymoon Wed 19-Aug-09 16:41:05

Can't wait to take my DCs to Amsterdam! Love it there!

Hire bikes - great fun!

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:52:50

We did the Zoo, Vondelpark, as well as the usual Anne Franks House and cruise Dd was just 4.

There is a house with a church inside it, near the light district iirc. Will try to google and find a link.

You will probably like the clothes shops!

vinblanc Wed 19-Aug-09 16:53:14

We had a couple of days in Amsterdam with our kids. We did the canal trip, Amesterdam Dungeon, Anne Frank house. There are loads of other things to do too - museums, parks.

We also went to the windmill museum at Zaanse Schans, which I would highly recommend (they have other exhibits, such as a clog making demonstration).

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:55:42

House with Chapel.

Acanthus Wed 19-Aug-09 16:57:19

Yes - Anne Frank house, Van Gogh museum, hire a pedalo on the canal. My DCs (similar ages) really enjoyed it

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 16:59:12

Film Museum

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 17:00:00

And watch out for the bikes!

I think there is also a child only hairdressers there <<tosses in another useless piece of information>>

PinkTulips Wed 19-Aug-09 17:02:51

Van Gogh Museum kicks ass

Lots of shops

the Zoo

admit it though, you just want to go to leer at the fit dutch men grin

Fimbo Wed 19-Aug-09 17:50:40

Nah, she is applying to be a madam and sit in the windows.

ChopsTheDuck Thu 20-Aug-09 07:42:56

I told dd the ladies in the windows were flogging underwear. She spent the next couple of hours prancing about saying she wanted to do like the 'ladies'. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now