Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for somewhere to go with dh, in SE for a night away from dc's. Bear in mind that I am NOT FUSSY.

(6 Posts)
princessmel Mon 17-Aug-09 18:29:12

Not to many £££ tho.grin

I am completely not fussy. I hardly EVER stay in hotels. So anything is amazing to me!!

Last year I satyed in 2 Premier Lodge type places (on hen weekends) and was very chuffed with them!!

We don't have a clue which towns to go to.

We go to the New Forest with the dc's and love it but would happily go elsewhere.

We have zero budget for this so nothing too posh!!

I just want a day/evening/night out without the dc's and a yummy breakfast in the morning
In a cute/pretty/interesting place.

So any ideas???

TIA

princessmel Mon 17-Aug-09 18:30:33

Oh and it doesn't have to be in the SE, but I meant somewhere that is not hours and hours drive away. We are in Herts.

bigchris Mon 17-Aug-09 18:31:29

Tunbridge Wells is nice

dailymailIsPerfectAsaPoopScoop Mon 17-Aug-09 18:32:47

Rye?

princessmel Mon 17-Aug-09 18:40:47

Ok, great will look at those Thanks.

Then there's the job of working out which hotels are any good!
Maybe I should stick to Travel/Premier lodges..

tkband3 Mon 17-Aug-09 18:56:12

Rye is lovely. We live in N. London, not far from Herts and it takes us about 2.5 hours to get there.

This is a lovely hotel with great food and a spa, so you could be pampered - it's about 5-10 mins drive from Rye.

This is supposed to be a lovely B&B in Rye itself - haven't stayed there myself, but saw it when we were last there and it looked really great.

This is where we stayed for our wedding anniversary (we had a deal, cos it is a bit pricey), but it is fantastic.

P.S. I don't work for the Rye tourist board btw grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now