Talk

Advanced search

Tylney Hall or Pennyhill Park?

(12 Posts)
abgirl Mon 10-Aug-09 16:12:38

Has anyone stayed at either or both of these? Am planning my 5th wedding anniversary and have found great deals at both so now trying to pick between them.

OrmIrian Mon 10-Aug-09 16:13:52

I saw this and for a brief moment thought it was baby names.

NeedOpinions Mon 10-Aug-09 16:14:15

Stayed at Pennyhill and it is gorgeous.If you are into Spas then Pennyhill is hard to beat.

bluesky Mon 10-Aug-09 16:51:21

Pennyhill definitely, have stayed at both.

hellywobs Tue 11-Aug-09 21:22:05

Both fab. Whatever you like the look of but Pennyhill probably has the edge.

Bakersman Tue 11-Aug-09 21:31:53

Ooh I loved Tylney Hall, but not heard of Pennyhill before. Now need an excuse for a posh romantic weekend away grin

GreenPeas Tue 11-Aug-09 21:38:53

The spa at Pennyhill is amazing - DH and I spent our 4th wedding anniversary and had a lovely weekend. I haven't stayed at Tylney Hall but having eaten at the restaurant I think I'd go for Pennyhill. You'll have a wonderful time whichever you choose!

MommyHasaHeadache Thu 13-Aug-09 16:58:25

Pennyhill is the place to go - it is stunning there.

HerHonesty Thu 13-Aug-09 19:26:51

have heard TH is a little stuffy.

nannygirlismarried Fri 14-Aug-09 20:39:53

Definitely Pennyhill Park. Have stayed there and was lucky enough to have a spa day as a "pre wedding" present... it's amazing! You'll love it. So romantic and elegant.

movingnow Fri 14-Aug-09 20:53:20

Stayed at neither but only heard good things about Pennyhill

Roomfor2 Mon 17-Aug-09 17:47:01

Stayed at TH for a function. It was a nice setting etc, and the staff were great, but my room was a bit chilly and although it was very grand and traditional, it didn't feel all that 'plush'. Felt a bit old...

Haven't stayed at the other one, but the other reviews are better than mine on TH, so sounds like the winner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now