Talk

Advanced search

Help: please can someone recommend a childfriendly weekend break for this weekend

(11 Posts)
bumptiousandbustly Fri 31-Jul-09 17:06:54

We finally have an opportunity to go away for a couple of days - Saturday till MOnday. I need somewhere to go with DH and DS, two hours drive from south east london.

It needs to be child friendly, preferably provide some babysitting. (ideally a cottage or somewhere DS could sleep in a different room from us - I am pregnant and wake up to pee all the time)

No more than £300/£350

Please can anyone help!

bumptiousandbustly Fri 31-Jul-09 17:31:55

Please help, I am newly pregnant and hormonal, and if we don't do this, our best chance of a holiday this year is with the in laws!

StinkyFart Fri 31-Jul-09 17:34:27

do you mean leaving tomorrow?

bumptiousandbustly Fri 31-Jul-09 17:41:40

Indeed I really really do!

StinkyFart Fri 31-Jul-09 17:53:48

crikey

ummmm

last minute dot com?

StinkyFart Fri 31-Jul-09 17:55:09

right the area we are looking at = south coast, brighton type area, norfolk up to say cromer, yes?

lincoln even?

trying to get a feel of where you want to go

Kbear Fri 31-Jul-09 17:57:43

we just spent four nights in a caravan near Hastings - no babysitting but very reasonable price and fabulous caravan - google Park Holidays, they have a last minute section.

bumptiousandbustly Fri 31-Jul-09 18:00:29

Dorset, hampshire, suffulk, Norfolk, linconshire like you say. Would even stretch to two and a half hours driving.

Kbear - the problem is that DS is a REALLY light sleeper, adn I am worried he would wake up all the time if in the same room as us!

Kbear Fri 31-Jul-09 18:05:40

why would he be in your room? - the caravan's have a double and a twin room so he could be in there on his own

bumptiousandbustly Fri 31-Jul-09 18:17:07

Kbear - sorry, I didn't realise, in that case, great idea, will google immediately

Kbear Fri 31-Jul-09 18:50:14

caravan also en-suite - ooh how posh is that for a caravan! The kbears moved up in style from 8 berth tent this week LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now