Talk

Advanced search

Places to stay near Natural History Museum

(12 Posts)
treedelivery Thu 30-Jul-09 09:35:19

I'm looking into taking dd1 [4.9] to London [we are in North Yorks] for a girlie trip.

Where would be nice to stay? We don't need much, but to be near transport and far away from bedbugs would be good.

Was thinking of the natural history, but any ideas of great places or lovely cafes and places to eat and play would be warmly recieved. I don't know London at all, but I'm sure it's a kids paradise if you know what you are doing.

Thanks all.

LeninGrad Fri 31-Jul-09 05:42:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

treedelivery Fri 31-Jul-09 20:32:16

Thanks LeninGrad smile

foxinsocks Fri 31-Jul-09 20:38:07

hmm there's one of those aparthotels fairly close. We stayed there for a few nights when our house was being savaged by builders.

Citadines I think it is

citadines south ken

Wasn't particularly fabulous (pretty standard quality, nothing special) but did the job for what it was and the staff were unbelievably helpful. Was quite quiet too which is nice for London!

foxinsocks Fri 31-Jul-09 20:40:05

actually, give me your budget and I'll tell you what's good for that .

blithedance Fri 31-Jul-09 20:42:47

I was going to suggest a Travelodge or Holiday Inn Express, surprised to see Citadines not too much more expensive and if it's quiet that's a definite plus.

treedelivery Fri 31-Jul-09 20:43:22

Cheap! grin

I'd look at anything really, but I probably could only go to 130 max. I am however very happy to pay £40.

Fab, it's so good to have inside knowledge.

luckywinner Fri 31-Jul-09 20:46:47

Hi Tree, how is your evening? Are you still trying on dresses? If I remember correctly you can stay at Baden Powell House which is on trip advisor. I think its v reasonable.

luckywinner Fri 31-Jul-09 20:49:31

Also I walked past www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london_central/index.aspxhere the other day and it looks v swish.

luckywinner Fri 31-Jul-09 20:50:05

I'll try that again yha

luckywinner Fri 31-Jul-09 20:54:17

And I also hear this one is quite reasonable.

treedelivery Fri 31-Jul-09 21:26:31

I'm going to scoff a take away and then check these out. Thank you! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now