Talk

Advanced search

Help! Looking for beach/ coastal intimate hotel, 3 hours from London, this weekend

(6 Posts)
twelveyeargap Wed 22-Jul-09 08:35:37

Hello

DH and I are 5 years married on Friday and to celebrate my MIL is coming to look after the children so we can get away for a couple of nights.

True to form we haven't booked anything. Both would like something like this. Lulworth Beach Hotel. Since Camp Bestival is on nearby, that particular hotel is out. (Along with half the other hotels in the country, thanks to terrible exchange rate and I currently have no passport.)

Anyone know of another lovely getaway? I don't fancy driving all the way to Devon or Cornwall just for two nights, but was thinking elsewhere on South Coast. Sandy Beach preferred. Hotel must have great restaurant.

Suggestions most welcome! Thanks.

twelveyeargap Wed 22-Jul-09 10:49:55

Bump. <<desperate>> We're going to end up in the Brent Cross Holiday Inn if I don't find something...

KarenG Thu 23-Jul-09 17:52:41

Drake's in Brighton (no sand though) or the white house in Brighton - no restaurant but plenty near by? or there's a restaurant with rooms near on pagham harbour, chichester, I'm sure you could google it> Good luck

Portofino Thu 23-Jul-09 18:06:59

Not by the coast but it is lovely here! Indoor/outdoor pools, lovely grounds.

Portofino Thu 23-Jul-09 18:12:23

LastMinute.com suggestions here

Fimbo Thu 23-Jul-09 18:14:13

Here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now