Talk

Advanced search

Taking dd (5) to V this summer-has anyone been with lo's before?

(5 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Tue 30-Jun-09 18:50:14

We are a sensible family (normally!) so shouldn't get too caught up in the hi jinx and defo won't be stumbling around, but everyone seems to think I am being a terribly bad parent for it. Dd loves Taylor Swift, Athlete, and Paulo Nutini, Dp loves Biffy Clyro etc, and I love some of the others, so we all have various entertainments over the weekend. Why does this make me such a bad parent? Argh!

snala Tue 30-Jun-09 20:57:33

My sister goes every year and it doesnt sound like a place for kids.

People off their heads and high as kites from when they get up til they go to bed. Noise all night, sick etc everywhere.

The camp sight is like one big muddy toilet as the porta loos back up and over flow.
No washing facilities.

On the plus side she always has a fab time - but she is 25 and knows what to expect.

Could dd poss stay with grandparents?

snala Tue 30-Jun-09 21:06:09

Just spoken to sister and she says the website advises young children dont attend,due to the nature of the event.

Pawslikepaddington Tue 30-Jun-09 22:28:07

Surely it can't be THAT bad-it will be possible to avoid being too close to the druggies for the whole time. I used to go to Leeds festival in the days when it was BAD and despite people throwing sewage at each other the fields were still not overflowing with it. And the plan is to enjoy the music while we are awake, and collapse in the tent once dd is fast asleep-the majority of the bands are quite relaxing so it shouldn't be too guns and roses esque!

CharlieandLolasMum Tue 30-Jun-09 22:35:31

I went to V last year (am a nanny) and theres no way I would take a child under 10 with me as they will just get bored, and with this heat and the build up to main events she could get very intimidated by the crowds etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now