Talk

Advanced search

Dublin or Edinburgh for a child free weekend?

(9 Posts)
flipflopper Wed 22-Apr-09 11:58:23

Its my 30th in september and my mum has kindly offered to have the kids for a weekend so my and dh can go away.
I dont really want to go too far or spend TOO much money! So was considering either Dublin or Edinburgh as never been to either.

Would appreciate any ideas / opinions on where to stay/ what to do and see...

CompareTheMeerkat Wed 22-Apr-09 11:59:17

DH and I had a lovely break without children in Edinburgh last October smile

mrstimlovejoy Thu 23-Apr-09 20:52:13

i've just come back from 2 nights in dublin,took my mum for her 60th.had a fab time stayed at the morgan on templebar so right in the heart of things.i've also stayed at the morrison which is on the river liffey.would recommend dublin although i've never been to edinburgh but would love to.

SallyJayGorce Thu 23-Apr-09 21:04:19

I love both places. You are SO LUCKY to have someone to give you guys a weekend. Go to either - you'll have an amazing time. Have a look at the Time Out guides - haven't been to either for ages although used to know Edinburgh very well and have been to Dublin a couple of times - drunken singing in pubs with woman who turned out to be Stephen Gately's mum. The little fella from Boyzone. Oh the glamour! And OH THE FUN!

mawbroon Thu 23-Apr-09 21:31:01

I would say Edinburgh is better, but then I'm biased. winkgrin

louii Thu 30-Apr-09 14:23:46

Edinburgh would be cheaper. Unless you like paying about 6 or 7 quid for a drink.

hellywobs Tue 11-Aug-09 21:28:43

Either would be fab. And don't discount Glasgow - there is loads to see and great eateries. I've been to both Edinburgh and Glasgow this year minus ds - E'burgh with husband and Glasgow with my mum. Can recommend both.

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 21:39:21

I would say Edinburgh but thats because I live there...grin It a brilliant city. I have never been to Dublin but have heard that its fab too!!

jkklpu Tue 11-Aug-09 21:44:53

if money's an issue, go for Glasgow or Edinburgh - Dublin is exTORTionate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now