Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to these hotels in Edinburgh?

(17 Posts)
Gobbledigook Tue 21-Oct-08 19:59:11

The Howard

The Scotsman

The Sheraton

Looking to go for a couple of nights for 10th anniversary next Aug - know that's festival time so thinkign of trying to get booked.

Any views?

Gobbledigook Wed 22-Oct-08 09:21:09

anyone?

geordieminx Wed 22-Oct-08 09:26:01

i am aware of them all but live quite close so have never stayed in any of them. I think the scotsman is supposed to be lovely, is that the one with cow shed spa? The prestonfield is supposed to be fab too, have you looked at reviews on trip advisor?

thehairybabysmum Wed 22-Oct-08 09:31:03

Ive stayed at the Sheraton...lovely, plus the spa is amazing...rooftop swim pool!

The scotsman is meant to be really good too, dont know about the Howard sorry.

thehairybabysmum Wed 22-Oct-08 09:31:04

Ive stayed at the Sheraton...lovely, plus the spa is amazing...rooftop swim pool!

The scotsman is meant to be really good too, dont know about the Howard sorry.

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 22-Oct-08 09:44:55

Have you ever thought of The Witchery My friend booked in here for her anniversary last year, and it was beautiful. And she is rather hard to please. Lovely restaurant too, and right next to the castle...

blinks Wed 22-Oct-08 09:46:23

Tigerlily Hotel is nice...

www.tigerlilyedinburgh.co.uk

Gobbledigook Wed 22-Oct-08 10:20:22

Love the name of The Witchery - looks a bit dark though! A bit, bleurgh, to have a 'celebrity guest book' on the website!

Will look at them all - thanks guys

trockodile Wed 22-Oct-08 17:01:25

We stayed at Malmaison a few years ago(my brother worked there so we got a great deal). Seriously nice.

midnightexpress Wed 22-Oct-08 17:03:23

I've been to the spa at the Scotsman (yes, it's the Cowshed geordie) and it was lurvely. the hotel looks nice too, from what I could see, and it's very central. My DB stayed there once and liked it v much. I've also heard that the Prestonfield is very nice.

Gobbledigook Wed 22-Oct-08 19:02:14

This is all good.
Trockodile - we have stayed at the Manchester Malmaison but we weren't that impressed with it really.

The Sheraton is my personal favourite at the moment so was just wondering whether people would say 'yes go there' or 'no, we went here and it was stunning'.

nailpolish Sun 26-Oct-08 11:59:32

if i had to choose a hotel to stay in in Edinburgh, id choose the scotsman

without a doubt

have fun!!!

nailpolish Sun 26-Oct-08 12:02:51

gdg where was that place you stayed in fife?

MaDAMNEDAnt Sun 26-Oct-08 12:03:13

I second The Witchery. It's amazing. Very gothic and dramatic though, so perhaps not everyone's cuppa.

MaDAMNEDAnt Sun 26-Oct-08 12:05:04

Just had a look at the link to the Witchery. Photos can't do it justice. It really is an utter sex den.

nailpolish Sun 26-Oct-08 12:07:58

anyone help me here pleae smile

expatinscotland Sun 26-Oct-08 12:11:00

my mother chose the Sheraton because of the spa in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now