Talk

Advanced search

Pls help - planning a week-end away using Intercontinental group (Crown Plaza/Holiday Inn)

(8 Posts)
BananaSkin Sun 12-Oct-08 22:29:17

X posted.
DH has a birthday coming up and I have said I will organise something, but plan to keep the destination a surprise.

Like a lot of people, we are a bit worried about job security at the moment, so it seems to make sense to use the Intercontinental group as he uses them a lot of work and has a shed load of points stored up - so we could go free and have more fun spending money on other activities.

Does anyone have experience of a particularly nice hotel/location in this group (indeed, is there such a thing?).

Thank you.

DadInsteadofMum Mon 13-Oct-08 13:25:43

Generally the crowne plazas are the higher marque so have better service/comfort/state of decor.

You best bet is probably to go to the website and find a Crowne Plaza in a location you like.

BananaSkin Mon 13-Oct-08 17:56:35

Thanks DadinsteadofMum - but that's the problem, I went on the website and they are all in fairly dull places. Even the one in Marlow, Bucks, is stuck near an industrial estate. Just wondered if anyone knew of any that bucked that trend.

BananaSkin Mon 13-Oct-08 17:57:08

Didn't realise that Crowne Plaza were better though - so thanks for that.

dorothybunny Wed 15-Oct-08 14:15:00

Hi,
Not sure if you were looking for a city break or not but my mum and stepdad have just returned from a weekend in Birmingham where they stayed in the Crowne Plaza in the city centre on the recommendation of her brother. Seemed an odd location for a weekend break but she hasn't stopped raving about the hotel and Birmingham itself - so much so that DH and I are considering going too! Exterior photo doesnt look too brilliant but the internal ones are nice. See here:www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/925/en/hpt/BHXCT/1/pt?ptLink=hd. HTH

BloodAndMutts Wed 15-Oct-08 14:18:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DadInsteadofMum Wed 15-Oct-08 16:09:55

THe CP in Cambridge is in the centre of the city.

BananaSkin Wed 15-Oct-08 16:17:50

Live in the South West and happy to travel two hours. Birmingham looks good actually. Do you know what they did in Birmingham? Would need to be child friendly.

Cambridge nice but a bit far this time, thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: