Talk

Advanced search

peak district b&b

(23 Posts)
crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:33:51

hi am looking for a B&B in the peak district for a saturday night stay only. dh and i have been granted a night away from the kids (by the mother in law!!)for our wedding anniversary. cant find one we like that takes single night bookings at the weekend! we have only been away from the kids for one night once before (we have four dc!) , so we are really looking forward to it!

any ideas?

hatwoman Fri 12-Sep-08 22:36:40

any ideas of area? what would you like to do? get up early and go walking on the moors? stroll round Chatsworth and/or a pretty town? or laze around in a lovely b&b and not even bother going out?

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:39:05

hope to do some walking. was thinking around castleton as went many years ago. dh and i lookingforward to being in the outdoors without whingy kids!!

snice Fri 12-Sep-08 22:39:40

have you tried The Peacock?

snice Fri 12-Sep-08 22:41:14

or Dannah Farm

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:42:12

will just have a look x

snice Fri 12-Sep-08 22:43:45

Sorry-just seen Dannah only does two nights at weekend unless a last minute booking

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:44:00

bit pricy for us! blush

hatwoman Fri 12-Sep-08 22:44:32

this place is nice Barrell Inn. it's not glam or stylish - basic bedrooms, but it's a lovely cosy pub with stunning views and good pub food. it's in the middle of nowhere - which adds to its charm if that's your thing.

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:45:17

found a lovelly one with great reviews for about £40 - but its a two night minimum!!

MinkyBorage Fri 12-Sep-08 22:45:58

The george at Hathersage which is quite close to Castleton, might be pricey though

MinkyBorage Fri 12-Sep-08 22:48:01

did you move in the end hatwoman? where did you decide?

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:48:57

hatwoman. thank you looks lovelly. will contact them for price.

hatwoman Fri 12-Sep-08 22:49:55

ooo you mean you remember something about me? wow! we're moving in January to a lovely house in Calver

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:50:56

minky - looks lovelly - shame about the price sad

snice Fri 12-Sep-08 22:51:25

No need for blush crkm-we couldn't afford The Peacock either but I read a good review of it recently!

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:53:35

i do admit it looks lovelly. maybe if i can get the mother in law to pay for it........... maybe not - she is doing enough having the kids!!! wink

hatwoman Fri 12-Sep-08 22:53:40

crkm - it's about 2 miles from my mum's house and we stayed there recently because my mum had been flooded sad and couldn;t have us. the people are nice and you can settle for the night in their cosy bar - I spent many a teenage night there before stumbling home across the moors!

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 22:57:05

that sounds good!! will email them. many thanks x

MinkyBorage Fri 12-Sep-08 22:59:57

Hatwoman: brilliant, that sounds great. I think there was a possibility that we may have known the same person, just because I'm 36 and went to LMS??? Maybe have confused with diff thread, I'm a sucker for peak district threads!
crkm, sorry, not lived round there for a while, so not up on b & b's.
You could try this one in Youlgreave but it might be a bit far for Castleton, buty the walking around Youlgreave is gorgeous. Only thing is can't get great evening meal in the village, so unless you fancy a drive to eat, may not be ideal, pubs gfood, proper authentic.

this in Beeley, right next to Chatsworth might be nice, don't know it, but you could eat here which is lovely

MinkyBorage Fri 12-Sep-08 23:00:49

*pubs good, food not btw in Youlgreave

crkm Fri 12-Sep-08 23:03:50

thanks every one. night for now.

hatwoman Fri 12-Sep-08 23:10:50

mb - does sound possible. I'm a year or two older than you and I went to school in Sheffield but knew a fair few LM-ers. and I do remember a conversation along these lines

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now