Talk

Advanced search

Urgent help please: Luxurious hotel needed, child friendly, near Ottery St Mary

(12 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Thu 11-Sep-08 15:52:16

I am stuggling to find anything with availability.

It is for our first wedding anniversary.

We are staying in a yurt for a week, and want one evening of complete luxury, which will be our actual wedding anniversary day.

PavlovtheCat Thu 11-Sep-08 15:57:56

childfriendly at least.

Not the most luxurious, but it looks great for DD and will give us some time to ourselves without paying a fortune.

PavlovtheCat Thu 11-Sep-08 16:45:00

NOTHING is available.

I wonder if it is my voice, as I am full of cold.

Nothing, not even a measly double squished with a travel cot room sad

littlelapin Thu 11-Sep-08 16:52:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PavlovtheCat Thu 11-Sep-08 20:46:49

Damn, my post didn't work!

Hotel Barcelona - I dont think so! I lived round the corner from it a while ago with DH (then DP). It is a great place, and I have memories of many a night getting very drunk on very nice cocktails there on the guest list. The guest list was, those on the list, and those with females on their wearing suitable cocktail dresses!

It is trendy and funky and just our kind of place, but alas we habe DD with us, and it is also busy and noisy and full of piss-up lawyers/etc by 1am!

Icanseethesea Thu 11-Sep-08 20:49:10

..and the Hotel Barcelona used to be the eye infirmary. Somehow I can't forget that when I go there! It even still looks like it inside and out grin

PavlovtheCat Thu 11-Sep-08 20:49:16

We are going here instead.

It is not as close as I would like, but actually that is ok, as we are going to the yurt at 4pm so can walk on the beach and get lunch before we head to to our yurt with babysitting and a ride home from our night out by the hosts!]]

PavlovtheCat Thu 11-Sep-08 20:50:57

grin

All is well that ends well!

Icanseethesea Thu 11-Sep-08 20:51:10

Pavlov, have you tried the Long Range Hotel in Budleigh? have not been there but have heard good reports.

Icanseethesea Thu 11-Sep-08 20:52:04

Sorry, x-post, glad you're sorted.

PavlovtheCat Fri 12-Sep-08 11:04:14

Thanks I canseethesea - I will add that to my list as it does look good, and is pretty cheap!

I love your name btw, and from the hotel room we have actually booked we can too!

MadisonsMum Wed 17-Sep-08 20:24:17

I know it's a bit late now but have you tried the Von Essen Hotels (Family Set)? There's one in Dorset called Moonfleet Manor and the facilities for children are fantastic.

They're relatively expensive but manage to achieve the aim of satisfying both parents and children. Also, they will organise babysitters for you if you're not happy to use the intercom service.

www.vonessen.co.uk/family.asp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now