Talk

Advanced search

Restaurant in Paris for Sunday 5th or 6th?

(8 Posts)
KathG Wed 10-Sep-08 22:42:04

Hoping for some mumsnet expertise, a nice but not overly expensive restaurant (with a la carte - my DH is fussy) and that will be open on a Sunday...
Thanks

Philpot Thu 11-Sep-08 16:34:02

Brasserie Balzar is excellent. And Jean-Paul Gaultier was in there when I went, I almost wet myself. It's really lovely, not too expensive (well, it wasn't 4 years ago). It has a website - brasseriebalzar.com. Bistro Poulbot on rue Lamarck is also lovely, it should come up if you google it. Not sure if it does a la carte though...

Cadbury Thu 11-Sep-08 16:38:20

We love Chartier - recommended by several people on mumset to us when we were there in the spring.
Not particuarly expensive. Food basic but good. Great atmosphere. www.restaurant-chartier.com/www/visit/

chocolatequeen Thu 11-Sep-08 16:40:01

Brasserie Chartier, 7 Rue Faubourg Monmartre. Cheap, all a la carte and perhaps the most beautiful room in Paris. You may have to queue unless you are there at 12... Queue is quite fun though, unless it is raining as everyone quite jolly. It is a Paris institution, very french and lots of fun. Just round the corner from les grands boulevards, so you can shop in Lafayette on your way there. You will eat like kings for about 50 euros all in. Not gourmet food, but a tradtional, old fashioned side of Paris that is fab.

So jealous, have fun

Anna8888 Thu 11-Sep-08 16:40:56

For visitors to Paris I love the Georges on the top of the Centre Pompidou for the fantastic view over Paris and the amazing décor. Plus food to suit everyone.

chocolatequeen Thu 11-Sep-08 16:43:01

Cadbury, great minds think alike!!!! Will watch out for you next time we are there - we will clearly be the chocolatey ones.....

Cadbury Thu 11-Sep-08 17:44:57

indeed we will! A new chocolatey cousin to add to the family.

I tried the most amazing prune and chocolate ddesert last time we were there. It really blew my mind.

KathG Sun 14-Sep-08 09:20:25

Thanks all - will report back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now