Talk

Advanced search

Bath hotels, luxury required....

(10 Posts)
katiekittlemouse Wed 20-Aug-08 16:06:38

planning a weekend break to Bath for wedding anniversary in sept. Can anyone recommend hotels? Have looked at Bath Priory Hotel details, looks good but would welcome recommendations....

wintera Thu 21-Aug-08 20:49:11

Oh I definitely recommend this one. Really gorgeous hotel!

www.apsley-house.co.uk/

And you can read some reviews of it here.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186370-d211336-Reviews-Apsley_House-Bath_Somerset_England.html

We stayed here a few years ago and it was absolute luxury!! Its very romantic and the breakfasts were wonderful.

CissyCharlton Thu 21-Aug-08 20:56:14

Woolley Grange isn't that far from Bath (I think). Especially good if you are taking the kids.

domesticslattern Thu 21-Aug-08 20:57:14

The Royal Crescent is lovely- I went there this time last year. Just the location is fantastic- so glam! and you can swan around in the (childfree!) spa. I am dreaming now of the silver service breakfast in bed.

hf128219 Thu 21-Aug-08 20:58:02

Royal Crescent lovely.

babyOcho Thu 21-Aug-08 20:59:10

We stayed at the Royal Crescent as well and it was fab. It was a while ago, but I also remember that the dinner was ace and the treatments in the spa there was to die for!

wintera Thu 21-Aug-08 21:05:31

Wherever you stay, I would always check the reviews on tripadvisor. I don't go anywhere nowadays without checking on there first! If the majority of reviews are good then you know you are on to a winner!

pagwatch Thu 21-Aug-08 21:11:30

We stayed here and thought it was fabulous

Lucknam Park

hf128219 Thu 21-Aug-08 21:18:31

Tripadvisor good - but I discount reviews from our American cousins.

WideWebWitch Fri 22-Aug-08 12:24:30

My friend loves THe Queensbury and has spent many of her wedding anniversaries there. Mr and Mrs Smith review here Bath Spa is out of the town a bit so if you want to go out for dinner you might wnat to be closer to the centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now