Talk

Advanced search

B&B or hotel in cornwall for this weekend please?

(23 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 14:40:35

I am taking DH away on a surprise trip to say well done for getting his new job. Tomorrow is his last day in old crappy job, want to celebrate.

DD, aged 2 is going to come. Can some-one recommend a good hotel or guest house with views, a bar, a good restuarant or one nearby in preferably North Cornwall.

I don't care that it is raining, as long as the location/venue is nice.

The emphasis is on us being lazy as.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 14:50:24

bump.

I am struggling....

Apart from here
has a deal on right now.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 15:09:57

Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 16:46:39

Come on MNers some of you go to Cornwall surely?!! grin

meemar Thu 31-Jul-08 16:54:06

whats your budget?

DH and I treated ourselves in feb here for one night without the DSs. The room was about £120 including dinner and breakfast for 2.

It is gorgeous, we didn't spend any extra money on pampering treatments, but the pool and the spa were wonderful enough.

They have excellent childrens facilities too, including babysitting service - we almost wished we'd taken the boys grin.

CurrantBM Thu 31-Jul-08 17:08:55

I would second meemar, we are off there ourselves this weekend. grin

Slight brag, there is a photo of DD1 on the website.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:11:20

Oh I drove past that the other day when we went camping, literally just up the road from there! Oh thats good for one night.

I doubt they will have availability this weekend, but if they do...look out for us currant!!!

I would say that is our budget max.

Dragonbutter Thu 31-Jul-08 17:14:15

i have good memories of crackington haven.
we camped though but i think there's a hotel by the beach.
there was a nice beach cafe place too that did summer barbecues and a pub.

meemar Thu 31-Jul-08 17:14:42

ooh CBM, you are lucky - I would definitely go back envy.

sorry, meant to say our room was £160, not £120 but worth every penny.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:15:41

Aw crap.

That looks perfect sad. And the babysitting service with it too sad. THey have no rooms sad.

I am very sad now.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:16:59

Dragon - I have been trying to find that place but I can't. I went bodyboarding there a few times. I will keep looking as that is the kind of location I am wanting.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:17:45

Ah just found it!!! I was looking under B&Bs thats why!

CurrantBM Thu 31-Jul-08 17:23:16

Meemar, I know, we just love it there have been 5 times so far. Have also tried Watergate Bay, but the staff are nowhere near as good as Bedruthan.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:24:13

I been looking at watergate bay, its not quite a nice is it, bit pretentious....AND they dont have any availability either!!!

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:35:46

oh crap I am not ever going to find anywhere this last minute.

I am scared of trying a tiny advertised B&B with no recommendation and finding out it is going to be a pit! Done that before!

So helpful suggestions are continued to be welcomed by me.

grin

ten10 Thu 31-Jul-08 17:38:19

www.woodlands-padstow.co.uk/

We have stayed at the woodlands country house hotel and it is soooo lovely,
The owners are so sweet and Hugo (the owner) does the most fantastic breakfasts in fact has written cook books about breakfasts.

It is only minutes from padstow, so lots of restaurants very close by.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:41:28

Oh that looks nice too...

Goes back to other page to check it out...

ten10 Thu 31-Jul-08 17:57:00

We stayed in the bay room, with the four poster,

and we stumbled on it because had booked a different place, which looked lovely on their website

but when we got there it was horrible so told them we won't be staying and went to the padstow tourist office and the woodlands house hotel was in the window ass having rooms for the night and we went along on the off chance and fell in love with it as we walked through the door

I would definately go back

ten10 Thu 31-Jul-08 17:57:55

as not ass
grin

sophiewd Thu 31-Jul-08 17:58:51

Pavlov, just a warning, you will be lucky getting something short notice and just for one night, all the B&B's, hotels where we are have a 2 night policy for weekends. Good luck though and your DH is a very lucky man.

sophiewd Thu 31-Jul-08 17:59:49

Your best bet is to get in touch with the local tourust information office where you want to go and they should have an uptodate list of availability.

PavlovtheCat Thu 31-Jul-08 22:04:32

Sophie - Oh I was intending originally to do two nights, but thought that it might be easier to get one night in a fancy place!!!

I have been looking for either one or two nights, whatever is available, and nowt in my price range!

ThingOne Thu 31-Jul-08 22:08:34

We went here recently and it was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now