Talk

Advanced search

Off to North Yorkshire this friday til monday.....

(4 Posts)
becaroo Wed 30-Jul-08 21:06:10

.....staying in a B&B between Scarborough and Whitby and wondered if anyone had any suggestions about things we could do wth a just turned 5 year old boy if the weather is bad?

I am 33 weeks pregnant and huge and so cant walk far or do anything too strenuous!

Cheers......... smile

liath Wed 30-Jul-08 21:08:58

The steam train that goes (I think) from Whitby to Pickering is great, dd loved it (she's 3 and was very happy to be on a "proper choo-choo train like Thomas").

fryalot Wed 30-Jul-08 21:12:23

eden camp is not too far from Scarborough and is a really interesting day out. There is some wandering between inside and outside, though so you don't want to do it if it's pouring down but a shower or two won't spoil the day

there is a Sea Life centre at Scarborough if he's into fish. If you fancy a bit of a drive it's well worth visiting The Deep in Hull

If you like stately homes, there are HUNDREDS around that area.

You could take him for a trip on The North York Moors Railway - or if he is into trains, there is always The National Railway Museum at York which is probably about an hour away from where you'll be.

Flamingo Land is also quite close, but in my opinion is too expensive and a 5 yo won't get full advantage of it.

Hope you have a fab time.

The weather is forecast to thunder tomorrow, but be nice for the weekend, so it should be nice for you.

branflake81 Thu 31-Jul-08 11:18:38

I used to go to Kinderland in Scarborough when I was wee. Not even sure if it's still there but I used to think it was amazing.

Spent all my childhood hols on the north york moors - would love to go back........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now