Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay Saturday night THIS weekend?!

(17 Posts)
Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 14:25:21

Yes, very organised as ever hmm It is DH and my 10th wedding annoversary on Sunday and it has kind of crept up on us. Would quite fancy going away for the night, have dinner, stay over, etc.

But would need to be wihin about 1.5 hours drive from Sheffield, and be available for a one night stay only.

Any suggestions?

Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 14:50:57

No one?

Hmm...have found Malmaison in Birmingham which is looking like a nice idea.

lindseyfox Wed 30-Jul-08 14:52:18

there is a gold club hotel spa place in cambridge that seems quite nice if you go on last minute they can find just hotels for you in any major city.

bellabelly Wed 30-Jul-08 14:52:46

Lovely place near to Sheffield - have never stayed there but teh food is great!

Fimbo Wed 30-Jul-08 14:53:06

We nearly booked Malmaison in Edinburgh for a night next week - they were doing an offer on either late rooms or last minute for £159 for dinner & bb. Looked fab.

PatsyCline Wed 30-Jul-08 14:56:56

How about the Hotel du Vin in Harrogate or York? My glamorous friend who had a long-distance romance with her (now) DH has raved to me many times about wonderful weekends in Hotel du Vins.

www.hotelduvin.com/

They have rooms for Sunday in both locations. Wherever you go, have a fabulous time. I am very envy.

Patsy

PatsyCline Wed 30-Jul-08 14:59:45

Sorry, just realised you said Sunday in your title. One king size bed available in York on Sat and two doubles in Harrogate.

PatsyCline Wed 30-Jul-08 15:03:59

I meant Saturday, Saturday, Saturday (sorry, spent all last night with DD2 chucking up on me!).

Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 15:42:39

Fischers looks lovely. Not available though. Hve added it to favourites though for future. Have heard people mentin the restaurant, but not the hotel.

Thanks all. Lots of places not available (as very late!) and many only for 2 days only at weekends.

Have booked Malmaison Birmingham (DH fancied there rather than Leeds or Manchester as he hasn't been to the city there). Good deal too - double room, dinner, B&B for £129 per room. Fab!

Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 15:44:26

PC - just rechecked yours and looks good. Another to add to favourites.

bellabelly Wed 30-Jul-08 17:47:35

Hulababy, that sounds a great deal. Have always wanted to stay in a Maimaison but never got round to it. Have a wonderful time!

tiredemma Wed 30-Jul-08 18:02:44

We stayed at Malmaison for my 30th (in a suite!!)
Its a fantastic hotel, I loved it.
The bar is fab of an evening and there are also lots of other swanky bars in THe Mailbox.

hifi Wed 30-Jul-08 18:19:59

we alwats enjoy here www.fawsleyhall.com/

Hulababy Wed 30-Jul-08 20:12:31

That's good to hear tiredemma. Have been to the Mailbox before and remember it being where lots of bars, etc. were. I remember cocktails in one bar A friend has said the bar at Malmaison is really good too.

No suite here, just a double room.

selby Wed 30-Jul-08 22:22:57

We booked a last minute room last Sat at Marmaduke's hotel in York. We had a 4 poster room with a balcony and a gorgeous bathroom. The in house restaurant was pretty good as well plus it's only a 10 min walk to the Minster. Hotel du vin is further out (we considered this too but was our 2nd choice)http://www.marmadukeshotels.co.uk/

lindseyfox Fri 01-Aug-08 15:29:47

have your tried www.lastminute.com we found a brillant hotel for mid august in cambridge through that website.

lindseyfox Fri 01-Aug-08 15:31:35

here you are starting at £59 for the night 4 star hotel in sheffield

http://www.lastminute.com/site/travel/hotels/hotels-results.html?skin=engb.lastminute.c om&lmnRooms=1&returnURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lastminute.com%2Fsite%2Ftravel%2Fhotels%2Fhomepage.html&pre serveName-CATEGORY=hotels&preserveName-requestURL=%2Fsite%2Ftravel%2Fhotels%2Fhomepage.html&lmnShowR estaurants=True&lmnCheckOutDay=4&lmnLengthOfStay=1&lmnRoom2ChildAge2=-1&lmnCheckInDay=3&lmnRoom2Chil dAge1=-1&lmnRoom3ChildAge1=-1&lmnChildrenRoom3=0&lmnChildrenRoom2=0&lmnChildrenRoom1=0&preserveName- CATID=4&lmnRoom3ChildAge3=-1&lmnRoom2ChildAge3=-1&lmnCheckInMonth=8&method=hotelsFullSearch&lmnRoom2 ChildAge4=-1&lmnCheckOutMonth=8&CATID=4&preserveName-SEARCH=basic&lmnRoom3ChildAge2=-1&errorURL=http %3A%2F%2Fwww.lastminute.com%2Fsite%2Ftravel%2Fhotels%2Ferror.html&filterResultsBy=all&searchTypeName =cityName&lmnCountry=Any&lmnAdultsRoom3=2&lmnAdultsRoom2=2&lmnAdultsRoom1=2&lmnRoom1ChildAge3=-1&lmn Room1ChildAge2=-1&lmnRoom1ChildAge1=-1&lmnLocation=sheffield&lmnRoom3ChildAge4=-1&lmnRoom1ChildAge4= -1&preserveName-skin=engb.lastminute.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now