Talk

Advanced search

4 adults, 6 children, family rooms near Alton Tower, Is it possible?

(9 Posts)
temmy99 Wed 16-Jul-08 14:05:49

I would like to arrange a trip to Alton Towers for 2 families but due to the driving distance (from Kent) I would like to stay over before and after the visit. The family rooms (b & bs) that I have seen tend to only accomodate 4 people, does anyone know of any accomodation that could cater for our number. It does not have to be at Alton Towers itself willing to drive 20 mins to the park if necessary. Thanks.

FioFio Wed 16-Jul-08 14:06:51

Message withdrawn

Mutt Wed 16-Jul-08 14:08:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

micci25 Wed 16-Jul-08 14:10:56

when i lived in manchester it only took us about an hour to get to alton tours, train from piccadilly to stoke and then there is a bus service that runs direct to alton towers.

there are loads of cheap hotels in manchester and the bus stop in stoke was right outside the train station so it was an easy journey. plus if you are driving its not a far drive from manchester either.

moopymoo Wed 16-Jul-08 14:13:22

this?

temmy99 Thu 17-Jul-08 10:35:14

Thanks everyone for the wealth of info, not sure I want to drive to Manchester to start with Micci but thanks for the suggestion. ?The cottages look nice Moopy so I will make further enquiries, thanks again.

milkybarsrus Fri 18-Jul-08 13:35:14

We are a family of five and I get really cheesed off that rooms can only accomadate 4 so you end up having to pay for 2 roomsangry.So, guess what, I joined the YHA, it costs a tenner to join and there are loads that accomadate 5 or more in a room (family rooms are literally that) so you can all be together and use facilities like self catering kitchens etc for a fraction of the prices of hotels.

WilfSell Fri 18-Jul-08 13:37:05

there is a new premier inn at trentham gardens, not too far away and trentham gardens is also good for visiting with kids!

temmy99 Fri 18-Jul-08 13:52:19

Most of the b & bs are now fully booked for the weekend I wanted but I have managed to get a twin room and family room at one of the 3* b * bs near the town centre at Uttoexer. As we won't be spending much time there, (fingers crossed), it will be manageable. Thanks again everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now