Talk

Advanced search

B&B or similar near Milton Keynes - and any fun stuff nearby...

(5 Posts)
gillybean2 Sun 06-Jul-08 09:32:41

Can anyone recommend a nice B&B or similar near Milton Keynes, preferably London side of it. We're not interested in teh full english breakfast as we're vegi's too!

Basically I want to take my ds to the snowdome and do a couple of other activities round and about to test them out before I take a larger group. Rather than travel the 2 hours each way on one day I thought we'd make a 2 day trip of it.

Also if anyone is able to recommend anything in that area (in addition to the snowdome and the aerial extreme place) which might be of interest to a 9.5 year old boy I'd love to know of it.

Many Thanks
Gilly

mamaolivia Sun 06-Jul-08 13:08:34

Have a much littler one, but some places to look into could be:

Gullivers Land (in MK) - a theme park type place and an eco park. No idea what its like.
Willen Lake - has big kiddies play areas and is good to walk around. Also has waterskiing type thing permanantly there (like a ski lift, but simulates waterskiing)
Woburn Safari park (under 10 miles to MK)
Whipsnade zoo (20 miles away)
Activity Land (in MK) - a soft play place but has some big slides, indoor rock climbing and has outdoor bit where you can do panning for gold and things like that.
XScape also has indoor rockclimbing and has a cinema and bowling alley.

gillybean2 Sun 06-Jul-08 13:46:30

Hi thanks for the suggestions, will look into them. The arial extreme thing is at Willen Lake but didn't know they had other stuff there. We have a fab zoo near us at Colchester which we have gold cards for and go regularly so probably wouldn't go to anything like that.

Will definitely go do a bit more exploring via google though, the waterski thing sounds interesting!

Any experiences of local b&b's or hotels you can help me with? Would rather have a recommendation than pick one out of the phonebook.

WideWebWitch Thu 10-Jul-08 21:38:59

Tbh the Travelodge is perfectly central, clean, cheap and ok. And there's parking and it's 5 minutes drive to the Xscape etc. They don't supply shampoo etc but there are towels and bed linen and a sofa bed too if you book a family room.

gillybean2 Thu 10-Jul-08 22:53:31

Thanks, will check out their website now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now