Talk

Advanced search

Is it basically impossible to get short breaks in the summer holidays?

(10 Posts)
nkf Thu 19-Jun-08 16:34:23

Self catering that is. Everyone seems to offer only weeks.

Dynamicnanny Thu 19-Jun-08 20:39:27

I want a short break too - only for a weekend or something and why does it have to be so expensive

What companies are you looking at/reccomend?

llareggub Thu 19-Jun-08 20:41:16

Why don't you share a week?

gillybean2 Wed 02-Jul-08 00:05:39

Would you consider a family room in a youth hostel? They're self catering though the kitchen is usually communal

newgirl Wed 16-Jul-08 18:53:18

they are avail but last minute - loads of the holiday cottage companies will do last minute weekends if they have them - about a week notice - but you will need to call and find out rather than check on line

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 17-Jul-08 01:08:22

It may be too far away for you, but this place is fabulous and will take late, short bookings if they have space.

lindseyfox Sat 26-Jul-08 17:42:10

we have stayed at a cottage in derbyshire dales for past 2 yrs and we got for 3,4 or 5 nights and have been prior to aug bank hol leaving on the sun of the bank hol weekend both times and she hasnt minded. she does us some fab deals too. its called hilltop cottage in wirksworth by middleton. its a 2 bed cottage with a double room then a twin room in eaves plus a cot is available to be made up. its twee little cottage, parking is on the green 2mins walk from it.

think we paid £165 for 5nights last aug.

Cloudhopper Sat 26-Jul-08 17:58:43

centerparcs? Feather down farsm? Both of these seem to only offer short breaks, even in school hols. Although they are also bloody expensive.grin

pointydog Sat 26-Jul-08 18:06:40

It can be very hard. There's a company which owns some lovely sc cottages in Fife and I was impressed with their booking system. You can either book a whole week, or a Mon-Fri, or a Fri-Mon.

I think that's a great way to operate the bookings

pointydog Sat 26-Jul-08 18:07:42

We have stayed Mon-Fri at Ribby Village nr Blackpool (but in the country) in July and last year we stayed Mon-Fri in a lodge in teh South Lakes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now