Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris

(6 Posts)
oatcake Wed 26-Sep-07 12:51:22

I'm completely confused as to what hotel to choose, which company to go through etc. and would appreciate any reviews/recommendations you have on who to book through or the choice of hotel.

Want to take my baby (can't believe he'll be 6 in a couple of weeks) before this free child offer finishes.

SmartArse Wed 26-Sep-07 13:00:33

I booked the hotel separately, the Holiday Inn. There was a bus service that took us straight to the park, which ran regularly (every 10 minutes or so)and took about 10 minutes.

I chose the Holiday Inn because it was cheaper than some of the themed ones, and obviously I have nothing to compare it with, but the room was clean, huge and quiet and had a double bed then bunk beds in a separate, curtained-off area. The swimming pool was nice and the DDs enjoyed that, but the restaurant was vile. One of those eat-till-you-vom buffets and the food wasn't even nice. But then I'm a bit of a foodie, and I've no idea if other hotels have better restaurants. The problem with that area is there isn't anywhere else you can go out to eat because Disneyland is, quite literally, in the middle of nowhere! I'm not a great fan of hotel restaurants at the best of times and usually like to have a wander and find somewhere else.

ZZMum Wed 26-Sep-07 13:02:03

DO not go to santa fe -- horrible, tatty over priced... but then if over priced worries you, do not even think of Disneyland...

Food is generally awful across the resort...

oatcake Wed 26-Sep-07 13:03:03

You don't sound like you had a good time...? Was it worth it?

Loved the "eat-till-you-vom" quote.

Did you notice if there was much on offer for vegetarians?

oatcake Wed 26-Sep-07 13:04:19

aaah, I would not ordinarily think of disneyland but ds is desperate to see a 6ft tall black rat and shake his hands and I thought whilst he's free, it might be worth one visit...?

dunscared Fri 28-Sep-07 14:56:50

we stayed at disneyland hotel, booked with them direct, right at gates, so popped in and out of parks whenever
breakfast buffet fantastic mickey etc there each morning. food in park itself poor but had buffet dinner at the hotel, not cheap but really good quality, freah fish, veg, fruit etc and all the characters, we ate at 7pm and had characters to ourselves, mickey, minnie, goofy, pluto etc,

rooms good size and clean, nice pool and extra hours at park thrown in

also would do the buffalo cowboy show, again not cheap but really good fun, kids especially enjoyed being told to bang knives and forks as lond as possible to cheer on teams!

overall not cheap but fantastic time will stay there again when we go back - which we will!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now