Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for central london hotels that sleep 4

(18 Posts)
mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 09:57:45

me and my friend want to take our dd's to London.

Needs to sleep 4 to a room, be fairly central (pref Covent Garden) and be safe.

Ta

tiredemma Mon 13-Aug-07 09:58:23

Travel lodge at Covent garden ( drury lane) will sleep 4

mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 10:19:43

thanks te, only £95 for the night which is pretty good for London, thanks

Theresa Mon 13-Aug-07 10:20:50

We've stayed at premier travel inn next to london eye and also one near earls court and they were both fab and sleep 4 for about £80-£100. Obviously no the area you are looking for but bearing this in mind I'd think the travellodge at covent gdn wld be your best bet. these places are not high on character but have a certain standard whihc is fine. Years ago have stayed in some cheap london hotels where the reception area is ok and then you come out of the lift in the accomodation area and it's a whole different story!

themoon66 Mon 13-Aug-07 10:22:17

laterooms.com

I signed up for their email bulletins and have noticed they often list rooms that sleep four poeple.

mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 10:23:56

lol theresa I stayed in a place like that in dublin <shudder>

not bothered about character, its just a base for us but obviously we want to be somewhere safe and clean

tiredemma Mon 13-Aug-07 10:30:28

I like that Travelodge one because of how central it is, think of the money you would save on tube fairs etc- you can walk Anywhere in London with Cov Garden as your central point.

mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 10:32:12

ah thats brilliant then, how long ago did you stay te?

lapsedrunner Mon 13-Aug-07 10:35:41

I have just stayed at The Rembrant (opposite V&A Museum)with my sister & DS. We had a twin room with a pull out double sofa bed for GPB125.00.

You could also look at the London School of Economics summer accommodation lets. They have a brand new hall of residence on Northumberland Ave (just off Trafalger Square) with great rates for central London if you could split into 2 rooms. They have other Halls eg Butlers Wharf & Bankside that have 4 bed roms as well.

tiredemma Mon 13-Aug-07 10:35:58

Long story actually- we went to see madonna last year and stayed in ealing- so although it was good for Wembley- for central London it was a mission so we all said- if we go to London again then we will go more central.

Last week booked tickets to see Dirty Dancing ( at the Aldwych on Drury Lane)- So I came across the Travelodge as there will be three to a room.

Everyone agreed it would be perfect as we are all females- we were a bit aprehensive about getting a tube late at night, so decided to go with the Travelodge.

mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 10:45:25

please let me know how dirty dancing is as thats what we're planning to see

tiredemma Mon 13-Aug-07 13:13:41

I will..... but- the first weekend date we could get was 8th feb - so tou will have to wait for a review from me! ( we didnt wantto go before xmas as we are all going to center parcs then and cant afford to do the Dirty dancing before xmas.)

mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 14:42:37

bugger that we're hoping to go in November. Will have to be something else

tiredemma Mon 13-Aug-07 14:48:57

We have booked a friday night to see the show- every saturday is booked up until next auguat apparently!

tiredemma Mon 13-Aug-07 14:49:39

( the hotel is available- not the show- is that what you meant?)

dontwanttogetoutofbed Mon 13-Aug-07 14:54:07

there is the swiss cottage hotel its a best western its right behind the tube and seems to be a nice place

mosschops30 Mon 13-Aug-07 14:54:56

behind the tube where (sorry I dont know london at all)

Theresa Mon 13-Aug-07 20:29:11

mosschops30 - we stayed in a hotel like that in Dublin as well! I'd let my dh book it for my 40th birthday and I'd said not to spend too much as we wouldn;t be spending too much time in hotel but we'd be 'out and about' but blimey . From now on I handle the accomodation booking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now