Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for a few days away not too far from London that will be great with Kids and posh enough for us to feel like we're having a break to?

(12 Posts)
RuthT Tue 10-Jul-07 20:44:04

Yes I know the title is long but that explains it really. Wanted to get a last minute deal at Babington (have done this before and paid about 130 quid - it was great) but found out you can't do this with them if you have a child.

Am sure mumsnetters will have ideas - happy to pay more than 130 but not too much

moondog Tue 10-Jul-07 20:44:38

Fowey Hall. Had a lovely time there.

melsy Tue 10-Jul-07 20:51:22

Ickworth - wonderful , only 90 mins from London. Fowey hall part of the same grp, really enjoyed it.

chocolatequeen Tue 10-Jul-07 20:52:22

Any deals for Paris on Eurostar - not much further time wise than Bath, West Country, Cornwall etc..... Or do the north coast of France, Deaville etc - really beautiful if you get good weather and tons of things to do.

How about renting a cottage or house - there was a thread somewhere with really smart, luxury places that sleep lots of people, all of them in the UK.

There is a posh hotel in Stow on the Wold in the Cotswolds, can´t remember the name. Lots of kids things to do nearby, depends on age though I guess?

Legacy Tue 10-Jul-07 20:53:26

No No No -not Ickworth (sorry melsy) terrible run down place when we were there a few months ago...

izbee Wed 11-Jul-07 11:14:07

I've done hotel du vin with my child 'cos they don't charge too much to have an extra bed in the room and you can set up babylistening to your mobile phone while you have dinner. The Birmingham one often has good deals at weekends and has a really nice spa - also in the middle of town to do urban things but maybe too like london to be a break (you can walk from the station if you don't want to drive).

GameGirly Wed 11-Jul-07 11:15:23

For me, you can't beat Wooley Grange. How old are your DCs?

RuthT Thu 12-Jul-07 19:56:34

I only have one and she is 2 years old, keeping fingers crossed for number 2

izbee Thu 12-Jul-07 23:23:27

I can also recommend Wooley - but I think it will blow your budget but also I think worth it - check out their website.

TenaLady Thu 12-Jul-07 23:26:39

http://www.clippesby.com/ Been here it is a cracking place, nice accomodation, friendly folk and lovely grounds and about 5 miles from Caister/Yarmouth.

expeLYRAmus Thu 12-Jul-07 23:27:22

Eastwell Manor, near Ashford. went there for a weekend when pg with DS1. They have rooms in the main house or cottages in the converted stables.

TenaLady Thu 12-Jul-07 23:28:42

My view is it would be a standard of say 3 stars for decor. Lovely food pub on site, great playing areas for kids and a lovely outdoor heated pool, weather permitting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now