Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

would Eurodisney on a Sunday in August be hellish?

(5 Posts)
CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 04-Jul-07 08:51:04

I'm going to Paris for 3 days to meet up with my sister who's travelling there from Cyprus. Our children are aged 2-8. Would it be hell for us (adults) to go to Eurodisney on a Sunday in August? Long queues? Is it worth it? Or should we just let the children comunicate through the usual language of fighting, hiding & running in a park instead (one set speak English only, the other Greek)? We're staying in La Defense, any good places nearby for them? Thanks.

Lizzer Wed 04-Jul-07 09:17:40

Cristina,I feel compeeled to answer your Q cos I had a vivid dream about eurodisney last night - spooky! We went in Aug last year, I don't think it will really make that much of a difference whether its a sunday, really. The 8 yr old would be able to go on most rides but be expecting to queue for a good 30 mins upwards (and it could go well into the hour) per ride. However there is a solution! All the really busy rides have fastpasses during the busiest period of the day (10-3, or something like that) So what you need to do is run around (well walk) collecting fast passes from the relevant machines situated by the rides. They give a 20 min 'window' where you can effectively queue jump by going through the 'fast pass' aisle (this sounds complicated but you'll get the hang of it in no time) then you only have to queue for 15-30 mins per ride.
IT sounds like you'll have a great time if there is more than just the 4 of you, and the children will get on, as children do, without language problems.

Don't forget there are loads of other things to see and do other than rides to go on. Go for it, we absolutely loved it and even dp's anti-disney heart was melted by the 'magic' of it all!

Lizzer Wed 04-Jul-07 09:18:06

'compelled'

Thunderpants Wed 04-Jul-07 15:03:43

We also went last August and I would never, ever do it again. The queues were horrendous, and the crowds, and even with fast passes it takes time. We queued for 50 mins for Dumbo (essentially a fairground ride you could find at any seaside), only for it to be closed just as we got there due to rain. DD 10 and DS 4 didn't get a lot out of it tbh. For the money you pay I really wouldn't bother. If you want to go there, go during term time in the early part of the year, which is far less busy.

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 04-Jul-07 17:58:42

Thank you for your replies. My two (2 and 7) aren't really into Disney but I think my sister's DDs (4 and 8) are. They are staying for the whole week, so they could go on a different day. We are only staying for a long weekend. I'll be about 32 weeks pregnant at the time too so I don't fancy long queues, or going on the rides for that matter. (It would also add another £100 to our trip...)I'll have a look through the Paris guidebook and see if there's anything to do with children in La Defense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now