Talk

Advanced search

Spa break

(2 Posts)
budgiegirl Wed 14-Feb-18 21:01:05

I'd like to take my DH away for a couple of nights for a hotel/spa break. I'm thinking Wales or the South West. Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel with a lovely spa, I can spend about £300 for 2 nights?
TIA

Ricekrispie22 Fri 16-Feb-18 15:33:11

Charlton House in Somerset should be within your price range, depending on when you want to go.
It's a relaxed country house with lots of character and definitely doesn't feel like a corporate-run place. The sizeable, Moroccan-themed spa is a major selling point. Its facilities include five treatment rooms, a large hydrotherapy pool (mostly indoors, but it extends outside), an outdoor hot tub, and sauna, steam room and laconium. With various places to sit around and chill, you could happily spend a few hours in the spa. There's also a high-spec gym and a tennis court.
For a country house hotel, the food at dinner can be fairly down to earth with options on the menu such as fish and chips, burger and steaks. There are also more interesting dishes. We had loads of choice for breakfast.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: