Talk

Advanced search

Where to take my 10 year old DD?

(11 Posts)
Ginandtonic100 Wed 17-Jan-18 19:08:23

I would like to take my daughter for a weekend away just the two of us for her 10th birthday. Her birthday is in the summer, but i expect we’ll go in autumn when we have an inset day. I was thinking mainland Europe, but open to any suggestions. Thanks!

AnyFuleKno Wed 17-Jan-18 21:26:52

Harry Potter studios and a day in London? <ignores mainland europe thing> depends what you like to do, shop? museums? fun activities?

BeesComeAndGo Wed 17-Jan-18 21:28:41

oh watching with interest. I just started a thread about going to paris 1-3 days either with a similar aged dd or my mother.

Ginandtonic100 Thu 18-Jan-18 06:55:31

Thanks. We are fairly close to Harry Potter studios, so although she loves Harry Potter, I’m not sure that would work.

She is fairly easy to please... likes museums (to a degree), shopping, nice meals out etc. She fancies Barcelona. I was wondering staying in a hotel with a spa-or at least a hotel with pool/jacuzzi. Do you think they’d let children in?

TolstoyAteMyHamster Thu 18-Jan-18 07:32:06

I’ve had success with that age group with Paris, Barcelona, Venice and Amsterdam. Amsterdam and Venice were particularly good as they are compact and feel very different to a big UK city.

sandgrown Thu 18-Jan-18 07:34:13

If you go to Barcelona you could also visit Port Aventura for a day if DD likes theme parks .

ohlittlepea Thu 18-Jan-18 07:34:20

Sweden 😍 Gotthenberg is amazing xxx

Crumbs1 Thu 18-Jan-18 07:37:45

Copenhagen with Tivoli and more H &M stores than you could ever want is lovely.
Amsterdam has lots and is a lovely city if you avoid the red light district.
Reykjavik- blue lagoon, glaciers, geysers, whales, wild swimming.

Crumbs1 Thu 18-Jan-18 07:39:23

Gothenburg is lovely, I agree. Upper house has a glass swimming pool suspended 22 floors above the road. A trip to the islands by ferry is a nice way to spend to spend the day.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 19-Jan-18 18:55:16

I'd suggest Paris.
There are some fantastic ideas here www.completefrance.com/travel/holiday-ideas/17-things-to-do-in-paris-for-families-1-4961077 including shopping and eating suggestions.
I've got a DD of similar age and in Paris we really enjoyed this cooknwithclass.com/paris/course/cuisine-en-famille/. It's a parent and child cooking workshop in English, where together you make a three course French meal.

tracelab Sun 11-Feb-18 17:48:09

Ahhh Amsterdam is perfect for that age.

I'm an Amsterdam blogger and there are loads of suggestions on my site including a proposed itinerary.

https://amsterdamwonderland.com/category/kids/

More than happy to help if you have any specific questions xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: