Talk

Advanced search

Anyone an old hat at a London stopover and a musical (Les Mis)? Or has just had recent experience?

(9 Posts)
forcryinoutloud Sat 13-Jan-18 19:01:41

Hi , DD is sooooooo keen on this all of a sudden so I thought I would take her as a big treat after her exams this summer.

I am not great with all the overwhelming choice on the net so any advice on where to stay and who to book through? Direct with the theatre? And what about trains, how far ahead to book and is trainline.com best? I really am hopeless so any advice appreciated!
Thanks.

Trainline the best. Book at least a couple of weeks in advance. Buying two singles often cheaper than buying a return. We usually stay at a Travelodge or Premier Inn.

carries Sun 14-Jan-18 10:28:09

Just back from London a week ago to see Hamilton! Traveling from Penrith by train, cheaper to buy as much in advance as possible. Stayed in premier Inn good breakfasts and reasonable price for London opposite St Pancras. Second trainline. I think it’s cheaper to book travel and hotel yourself. Theatre tickets - ticket master or from les mis show website.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 14-Jan-18 10:45:44

Many university halls of residence offer budget accommodation during the summer months. Last year we stayed at Princes Garden. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. www.imperial.ac.uk/visit/summer-accommodation/stay-with-us/our-rooms/
We payed £80 a night for an ensuite including breakfast.

Trills Sun 14-Jan-18 10:51:15

You can set up an alert on trainline.com to get an email when the cheap advance tickets become available (usually 12 weeks ahead)

I would then book through the website of the train company, so GWR or Virgin or whatever.

forcryinoutloud Sun 14-Jan-18 21:42:10

Thank you all, some great ideas to look into! grin

forcryinoutloud Sun 14-Jan-18 21:42:16

forcryinoutloud Sun 14-Jan-18 21:42:20

forcryinoutloud Sun 14-Jan-18 21:42:20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now