Talk

Advanced search

Where can I take my husband on our anniversary in March that will be warm?

(68 Posts)
dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 14:58:31

Can't be for more then 3 nights as I don't want to leave son with inlaws for any longer then that

We don't mind a medium flight but it can't be so long we just lay about tired on either end of it

I want to stay in a five star hotel but a reasonably priced one

It would be great if it wasn't somewhere we have been before.

I have thought about Seville even though we have been there for the day

Good food essential.

So far we have been in Europe to
Lisbon (which I adore beyond words)
Barcelona
Paris
Nice
Cannes
Rome
Tuscany
The Algarve
Switzerland (all of because I have links there)
Skiing at Les Arcs

He has been to Croatia and so have I but not at the same time.

So I was thinking about Seville but now I'm not sure if three days there is too many?

Or if I went somewhere that wasn't warm what about New York as he hasn't been there yet

What about Ibiza for some outdoor activities like mountain biking etc?

Or the very very south of Italy?

I feel weary of Spain and France mainland due to the instability there at the minute although I am an overly anxious person.

If you have ideas I'll be delighted to hear them!

Thank you

I've probably missed places we have been. I don't want to go skiing this time.

cingolimama Sun 05-Nov-17 15:03:42

Sicily!

MissConductUS Sun 05-Nov-17 15:06:00

Tampa, Florida would be lovely in March, or really anywhere in Florida. Tampa has some really nice hotels. It's just under a five hour direct flight from Gatwick.

Visit Tampa

By the way, I am not boosting my hometown. I'm a New Yorker, but I love Tampa as a get away.

Excusemyfrench Sun 05-Nov-17 15:07:14

Florence is a lovely city breaksmile

UAEMum Sun 05-Nov-17 15:09:08

Dubai is gorgeous weather in March

Oly5 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:09:31

I wouldn’t go to New York for three nights.. four as a minimum.
Florence and Bologna are both lovely, or Venice? Not sure they’ll be warm though.
Florida will be warm but bit far for three nights?

PeasAndHarmony Sun 05-Nov-17 15:09:54

Cyprus should be warm then and has lots of 5* hotels.

Or the Algarve? We went at Easter and it was lovely and warm with very few tourists, beaches were deserted.

Branleuse Sun 05-Nov-17 15:10:14

Tenerife, Malta, cyprus, morrocco

PeasAndHarmony Sun 05-Nov-17 15:11:26

Agree that NY is probably too far for a 3 night trip, we have been recently (3 nights and overnight flight on the 4th night) and it was exhausting! Plus the jet lag was bad!

HotelEuphoria Sun 05-Nov-17 15:12:35

Am I missing sonething, just under a five hour flight to Tampa, Fl from Gatwick? It's over six to NYC!

dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 15:22:13

I can't get to Florida in under 6 hours I'm sure....

We have been to Florence, Bologna.

Haven't been to Sicily!

I'm scared of Morocco sad

Dubai isn't our bag... I don't think we will like the resorty ness of it if you get me? My husband doesn't enjoy shopping/ laying in the sun which is a real bloody shame!!

To add as I forgot we have done all of Holland incl Amsterdam, Bruges...

Will Sicily be hot? Are there legit 5 star hotel there because as an Italian I know they routinely give themselves 6 stars and have no amenities grin

We have been to Florence don't want to go back it's not on my list again.

Does anyone know anything about Mykonos or Ibiza would it be warm?

I adore Portugal but husband didn't like the Algarve even though I had a ball!

dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 15:22:58

I meant to Include Belgium before writing Bruges I don't think they are the same country sorry

dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 15:23:30

Does Malta have enough to do for 3 days

PeasAndHarmony Sun 05-Nov-17 15:29:59

Canary Islands will be warm (Balearics like Ibiza probably won’t) but when I looked at canaries for a holiday last Easter it was super expensive and I couldn’t find a decent 4/5* hotel that wasn’t one of those massive family all inclusive ones.

Maybe you would have better luck trying to find something a bit more boutique - like?!

PeasAndHarmony Sun 05-Nov-17 15:32:37

If you like Lisbon, how about Porto?

Sentimentallentil Sun 05-Nov-17 15:33:02

We’ve just come back from Playa Blanca in lanzarote, I was totally snobby about it and thought it was going to be awful but it was actually beautiful and such an easy holiday. The hotels there are stunning and amazing value for money, they even have adult only ones if you want to avoid the kids.
There’s not much to do culturally but for a couple of days lounging around soaking up the sun and being pampered it’s perfect.

Sentimentallentil Sun 05-Nov-17 15:35:17

We went for a drink in this one and it was beautiful.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652121-d289261-Reviews-H10_Timanfaya_Palace-Playa_Blanca_Lanzarote_Canary_Islands.html?m=19904

GoodMorning1 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:41:28

The Canaries will be warmer than the Balearics in March.

BuzzKillington Sun 05-Nov-17 15:45:53

You cant go to Florida for 3 days! plus it's at least 9 hours.

Europe wouldn't be warm enough - I'd go to Cape Verde.

MissConductUS Sun 05-Nov-17 15:49:30

Am I missing sonething, just under a five hour flight to Tampa, Fl from Gatwick? It's over six to NYC!

Sorry, my mistake. I was just looking at local arrival times and not adjusting for the time change.

That is too long a flight for a three night trip.

dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 16:21:07

Boutique I may need since I've got a champagne taste with a lemonade budget.

Let me look at Lanzarote etc. I am not snobby (ok ok I am) and im glad to hear you had a great time I'll look up some places to go.

I'm desperate to combine food, outdoors but cocktail bars and high heels together. So we both get what we want.

Man I love Lisbon... I have heard of Porto but don't know anything about it at all I am ashamed to admit.

In Seville I was looking at I think it's called Villa Penedez?

dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 16:24:29

God that was an embarrassing mistake for someone who is good with languages it's this one

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelReview-g187443-d191205-Reviews-Hotell_AlfonsoXIIII_ALuxuryy_CollectionHotell_Seville-SevilleProvincee_ofSevillee_Andalu.html?m=19904

exLtEveDallas Sun 05-Nov-17 16:33:49

Cyprus would be good.
The Elysium in Paphos
Alexander the Great in Paphos
St Raphael in Limassol
Le Meridian in Limassol
Atlantica Miramar in Limassol

All excellent 5 star hotels.

Lots to do in Cyprus as well, especially if you hire a car.

dissapointedafternoon Sun 05-Nov-17 17:13:08

I don't want to go to Cyprus sad I had a horrible holiday there before

exLtEveDallas Sun 05-Nov-17 18:03:45

Oh that’s a shame, I’d kill to go back (we lived there for a couple of years and spent many a weekend in 5 star luxury!). The Canaries are prob your best bet then (I’d actually also recommend Egypt, another place we love, but if Morocco is out I expect Egypt is too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now