Advanced search

Prague or Krakow?

(11 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Mon 30-Oct-17 15:43:00

Which would you chose & why?

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 31-Oct-17 07:21:25

Anyone?

OllyBJolly Tue 31-Oct-17 07:23:23

It's a hard choice. Both, and just decide which one you'll visit first?

Not helpful but two beautiful cities with lots to see.

Rinceoir Tue 31-Oct-17 07:24:03

I would choose Krakow. It’s a lovely friendly city with lots to see, full of history but slightly less full of tourists. Also close to Auschwitz which is well worth a visit and the salt mines which are absolutely beautiful.

HoneyWheeler Tue 31-Oct-17 07:24:51

I haven’t been to Prague but I adored Krakow - the Jewish Quarter has a lot going for it with loads of tiny pubs and bars and lovely shops. Wawel Castle is great too, lots to see and I found people really kind and helpful!

HandbagCrazy Tue 31-Oct-17 15:23:56

This isn’t going to help you, but I’ve been to both and would choose Prague as it’s got more to do / see.
Both cities are beautiful though so there is no wrong choice!

Whinesalot Tue 31-Oct-17 15:27:39

Prague for the town itself but I have to admit Auschwitz made Krakow a fantastic place to visit. Harrowing but very thought provoking.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 31-Oct-17 15:52:12

Ok so it would be good to visit both...
Other factors to weigh up include:
which has the best spa?
which has some/any veggie food?

Rinceoir Tue 31-Oct-17 17:07:04

I went to both as a poor student so can’t say anything about spas! Veggie food not brilliant in Eastern Europe generally but probably Prague has more experience as a bigger tourist centre.

lunabear1 Tue 31-Oct-17 17:12:03

I went to Krakow in August plenty of veggie options and a few vegan restaurants

surlycurly Fri 12-Jan-18 21:17:53

Prague. Both are lovely but Prague has a fantastic charm to it and there is loads to do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: