Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Food in Manchester

(16 Posts)
koffeekween Sun 22-Oct-17 13:23:00

Travelling to Manchester next month for the weekend for our 10 year anniversary, looking for recommendations for nice places to eat and drink? Thinking of nice breakfasts, places that do high/afternoon tea, a place for a meal on the Saturday night. Also any nice cocktail places. Thanks!

Timepasses Sun 22-Oct-17 13:48:21

Look at El Gato Negro on King street. It’s the nicest food I’ve ever tasted. I live in Manchester and worked city centre for 25 years. It’s a fantastic restaurant.

Timepasses Sun 22-Oct-17 13:49:29

Also, Be At One is fabulous for cocktails.

VelvetKitty Sun 22-Oct-17 13:52:07

Tattu in Spinningfields is amazing for an evening meal and cocktails. The Alchemist also in Spinningfields for cocktails. The Midland hotel does lovely afternoon tea. Cloud 23 at the Hilton has lovely views and does amazing cocktails.

koffeekween Sun 22-Oct-17 14:54:27

Thank you both for those recommendations, I’ll check them out smile

WinteryWalk Sun 22-Oct-17 15:01:56

El Gato, Australasia, Artisan, Evuna, Hawksmoor, Iberica, Rosso, San Carlo, Tattu

There’s LOADS of lovely places in Manchester but a word of caution, if it’s for a Saturday night - book now!!

bananafanana1 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:15:40

The refuge is fab, either for drinks or just good, very nice inside - classy

bloodypassword Wed 25-Oct-17 17:51:52

Hawksmoor, Alberts Shed, La Bandera all fabulous. Enjoy.

PlausibleSuit Wed 25-Oct-17 17:55:52

Federal Cafe for breakfast. It's on High Street at the Arndale end of the Northern Quarter, just near the Arndale NCP. You have to get there early, but it's great.

shhhfastasleep Wed 25-Oct-17 20:58:17

Sculpture Hall cafe in the Town Hall for afternoon tea (book in advance). It’s brilliant.

notnowbernadette Wed 25-Oct-17 21:04:37

The Alchemist is good for cocktails

Littlegoth Wed 25-Oct-17 21:07:45

For cocktails I would say Fitzgeralds, from dusk til pawn, Kiko moku, Gorilla

Littlegoth Wed 25-Oct-17 21:08:14

Afternoon tea can't beat Cloud 23

Littlegoth Wed 25-Oct-17 21:10:20

Evening meal would recommend Manchester House, La Vina on Deansgate was one of my favourites .. I moved cities last month, missing Manc now! 😄

Clayhead Wed 25-Oct-17 21:12:41

Sculpture Hall cafe in the Town Hall for afternoon tea, it’s lovely. You do need to book though.

namechangedtoday15 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:19:43

Australasia for dinner but you might struggle with a Saturday night booking within a month. Manchester House for drinks, Home Sweet Home is great for breakfast (just by The Great Northern) and have a look at Bondobust for Indian Street food for lunch - gets great reviews.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now