Talk

Advanced search

Centre Parcs

(12 Posts)
Bobbins43 Fri 22-Sep-17 11:42:17

Hello!

I'm very excited to be going to Centre Parcs Woburn for three nights during October half term. We have never been on holiday before and are very excited.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some Centre Parcs tips as we have a very small budget whilst we are there. How does it all work? Any recommendations? My son also is autistic and has ADHD so if anyone has any ideas for things he might enjoy, I would be grateful. He is 7 (we go on his birthday!) and I have a DD who is 10.

Thanks in advance

2014newme Fri 22-Sep-17 13:40:00

Swimming pool and playgrounds are free. Take your bikes. Put bird food on the patio.
All that is free.

Longhairmightcare Fri 22-Sep-17 13:54:58

As PP says, concentrate on the swimming and free activities and you don't have to spend much extra.
Take firelogs (the ones in paper packet where you light the packet) that are £1 each from savers/home and bargains etc as they're £5 each in the park shop, identical.
We go to whinfell and do an online shop to click and collect from the Sainsbury's near to the site on the way in. Means you can meal plan/control budget.
You can take your own food in to the swimming dome as the cafe can be overpriced. Just have to not usecafe table chairs. You'll get a free kicker each, make sure it's not perishable food though as it's veeeery warm in the changing room & pool area.
There is a DVD player in the lodge.
Take x3 dishwasher tablets, if you're running to the end of a washing up liquid bottle save it and take the dregs with you rather than full bottle. Take looooads of bin bags. A few Tupperware containers and/of sandwich bags are useful for taking food places.

My kids are a bit younger so not so sure about activities but mine are happy putting wellies on and scooting about, car free site do they are v safe.

Enjoy your holiday centreparcs is fab.

Longhairmightcare Fri 22-Sep-17 13:55:50

*kicker = locker

RandomUsernameHere Fri 22-Sep-17 19:31:27

Bring as much food with you as you can fit in the car. The shop there is more expensive than ordinary supermarkets but not totally ridiculous for a few extra things.
If I remember rightly, you get a few dishwasher tablets, small sachet of washing up liquid and a cloth, sponge and tea towel provided in the accommodation.
You can easily spend a whole day at the pool, it's great fun.
If you have a bike rack then bring your own bikes as hiring them is fairly pricey.
Have fun, I'm sure you'll love it there!

RandomUsernameHere Fri 22-Sep-17 19:32:37

Forgot to add that there are no washing machines there.

Applesandpears56 Fri 22-Sep-17 19:34:05

There's a children's entertainment show that's on once or twice a week that cost £2 a child so worth checking when that's on

All the eating places have indoor soft play - there's a good one at the sports bar that you can just use without eating or drinking

Book any extra activities in advance

Enjoy! Woburn is the best one I've been to

Applesandpears56 Fri 22-Sep-17 19:36:58

Oh and for you - the spa... it's amazing

MinnowAndTheBear Fri 22-Sep-17 19:45:16

Enjoy OP! We love Center Parcs. They do a takeaway service but it's the same price as eating out, so as others have said, take plenty of food. We usually get a couple of Tesco/M&S meal deals.
Get there early on the first day and leave late on the last day - make the most of your time away! The pool will be quiet at around 2/3pm on the first and last days as a lot of people collect their cars and drive to their lodge at this time of day. It might be easier for your son to go to the pool when it's less crowded.

Wolfiefan Fri 22-Sep-17 20:01:34

Get travel insurance. If you have to cancel for ANY reason you will lose your holiday and your money.

Bobbins43 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:22:04

Resurrecting this thread briefly and was hoping if someone would be able to tell me whether I need to take our own bedding or not? Towels? Loo roll? I’ve never been on a holiday before so no idea what self catering entails...

Thanks!

toffee1000 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:31:56

No they provide you with bedding and loo roll but you'll need to top up loo roll as needed obviously. You do get towels but you will prob need extras for swimming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now